This post is part of our annual Christmas Card-a-Day series! If you would like to submit your card, please click here for more details.
Today's card was created by Lisa Pace. Please read on for details on how she made this card design!
Antiquated Collection Winter Girl Stamp Set, Authentique Joyous Patterned Paper, RangerArchival Ink ~ Coffee, ColorBox Creamy Brown Ink, 2 Different Sheets of Holiday Themed Patterned Paper, 1 Sheet Solid Green Paper, 1 Sheet Solid Cream Paper, Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Barn Door & Peeled Paint, Diamond Stickles, Barn Door Distress Stickles, 4” x 5.5” Blank Card
Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Foam Squares, Tape Runner or Glue Stick Adhesive, Acrylic Blocks, Sewing Machine & Cream Colored Thread (Optional), Craft Knife & Craft Mat (Optional)
1. Using a paper trimmer, cut two pieces of the same holiday themed patterned paper to 3.75 x 5.25” and 1.75” x 2.3/8”
2. Using a paper trimmer and a second holiday themed patterned paper cut one piece to 1.25” x 4.25”.
3. Using a paper trimmer, cut two pieces of solid green paper to 3 7/8” x 5 3/8 and 1 3/8” x 5.25”
4. Apply Creamy Brown ink to the edges of all cut pieces of patterned paper.
5. Using adhesive attach the two larger pieces of patterned paper together, the smaller pieces of patterned paper together and the long skinny rectangular pieces of patterned paper together.
6. Distress the edges on all patterned paper pieces. I do this simply by running my fingernail along the edges.
7. Place the A Merry Christmas stamp onto an acrylic block, ink with Archival Coffee and stamp onto a cream colored piece of paper.
8. Place the Holly stamp onto an acrylic block, ink with Archival Coffee, stamp image two times onto a cream colored piece of paper.
9. Using a paper trimmer, trim the A Merry Christmas stamped image to 1 9/16” x 2 3/16”, ink the edges using Creamy Brown ink, using adhesive attach to the top center of the smaller piece of holiday themed patterned paper. Distress the edges of the stamped piece
10. (Optional) Using a sewing machine and cream thread, sew a straight stitch along the inside edge of all three layered pieces as shown in photo.
11. Using adhesive attach the large piece to the front of the blank card, next attach the long skinny rectangle piece then the A Merry Christmas piece as shown in photo.
12. Using scissors or a craft knife on a craft mat cut out both stamped Holly pieces. Color one Holy piece using Distress Markers in Peeled Paint for the leaves and Barn Door for the berries. Accent the small flowers on the A Merry Christmas image using a Distress Marker in Barn Door.
13. Accent the berries using Distress Stickles in Barn Door and the small flowers using Diamond Stickles.
14. Place foam squares on the back of the colored Holly piece and attach to the top of the remaining stamped Holly image as shown in photo. Attach the Holy embellishment with adhesive.
Thank you, Lisa!