This post is part of our annual Christmas Card-a-Day series! If you would like to submit your card, please click here for more details.
Thank you to Lisa Pace for sharing her beautiful card with us, complete with instructions! Read below for full details.
Supplies Used: Authentique ~ Joyous Patterned Paper, Antiquated Collection by Lisa M. Pace ~ Winter Girl Stamp Set, Ranger Archival Ink ~ Coffee, ColorBox Creamy Brown Ink, Diamond Stickles, Red & White Baker’s Twine, 4” x 5.5” Blank Card
Tools Needed: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Foam Squares, Tape Runner or Glue Stick Adhesive, Acrylic Block, Sewing Machine & Cream Colored Thread (Optional), Hole Punch, and Corner Punch
1. Using a paper trimmer, cut one piece of holiday themed patterned paper to 3.75 x 5.25”
2. Using a paper trimmer and the second holiday themed patterned paper cut one piece to 2.75” x 4.5” round the corners of this piece using a corner punch.
3. Apply Creamy Brown ink to the edges of the cut pieces of patterned paper.
4. Using adhesive attach the smaller piece of patterned paper to the top center of the larger piece
5. (Optional) Using a sewing machine and cream thread, sew a straight stitch along the inside edge of the larger patterned paper piece and random zig zag stitches along the edge of the smaller patterned paper piece as shown in photo.
6. Distress the edges on the larger patterned paper piece. I do this simply by running my fingernail along the edges.
7. Place the Jingles stamp onto an acrylic block, ink the word Jingles with Archival Coffee and stamp onto a cream colored piece of paper three times. Make sure to reapply ink to the stamp after each stamping.
8. Using scissors cut around each of the three stamped words making sure to cut off the “S” at the end of Jingles.
9. Apply Creamy Brown ink to the edges of each Jingle, using adhesive attach to the top left corner of the smaller piece of holiday themed patterned paper as shown in photo. Accent the edges of each Jingle using Diamond Stickles, let dry.
10. Place the single jingle bell stamp onto an acrylic block, ink with Archival Coffee and stamp onto a cream colored piece of patterned paper 5 times. Make sure you reapply ink to the stamp after each stamping
11. Using scissors cut out all 5 jingle bells. Using a hole punch, punch out the hole in the center of the jingle bells hanger.
12. Thread red and white baker’s twine through each jingle bell loop and secure in place with a knot. Continue attaching each jingle bell until all 5 are attached to the twine.
13. Place foam squares on the back of each jingle bell and attach to the card as shown in photo.
14. Accent the edges of the patterned papers and jingle bell highlights using Diamond Stickles, let dry.
Thank you, Lisa!
Please visit Lisa's blog here.