Project Life – Who’s In?

I've been mulling over Project Life for quite awhile now.  (Click the link to find out more about Becky Higgins' formula for easy scrapbooking.) I love the idea of scrapbooking for record keeping without the pressure of making a layout look perfect.  I'm sure many of you feel the same way – overwhelmed by the gorgeous layouts out there, but not inclined to spend a lot of time/money on a page.

Lots of people are committing to doing Project Life each week for a whole year, but I'm going a step less accountable than that!  I will do it either by occasion or for whenever the urge strikes.  No commitment to do it each week, but rather to make a Project Life page whenever the urge strikes.   That's more my style. :)

So, who's in?  I'd love to see what you've done so far with Project Life or hear about your scrapbooking plans for the coming year.

1. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

I’m in. Year 3 and I have big plans to stay up to date this year. Already have my title page done and supplies set out.

2. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

Hi Angie!! How exciting to hear of your new venture. WTG! Pete and I started Kate (our DD, 18, first year of college– eldest of 4 kids) on PL Clementine edition as her Christmas gift. She is thrilled! I, too, am thinking of doing a “modified” version of PL using my own supplies so will be interested in seeing what you come up with as well. All those freebies you posted the past while will come in handy! LOL. I will still be doing my traditional Sb’ing and will be interested to see where this all leads. Kate is very excited and has started her PL using some riding photos we had printed for her. There is no overwhelmed feeling and I am so happy about that for her. I am as thrilled as she, I think! :) Have a wonderful New Year- Thanks for all you do here at SScene! LOVE it and read it every single day!
    xox-Ali in Nova Scotia

3. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

My plan for 2013 is to try PL. I have a new baby and it seems like the easiest way to keep up on her life

4. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

I’m totally in! I bought the book guts & the digital templates. I’m not sure which one I’m going with. I’m leaning more towards digital with my laptop being portable ;) I’m looking forward to scrapbooking with a great group of Project Lifers

5. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

Yay, so excited to share in this new endeavour with you gals! It’s old hat for you, Cathy – you’ll have to share your tips! Ali, that is a great gift idea. I bet your daughter will love it! Melissa – I’ve thought of making baby books for my 2 using this method, but I’m all ambitious now… we’ll see, LOL! Nerissa – I love the digi templates too – I’ve printed some out as I’m more a paper in hand gal. Would love to see how you’ve all organized your PL stash.

6. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

When I read your post about how you will do Project Life whenever the urge strikes or by occasion, I was so glad. I thought I was the only person thinking about doing it and hearing someone say it out loud is just awesome as I have only been seeing diligent folks posting weekly posts of Project Life and I don’t think I can do that! :)
    Thanks for sharing and happy early new year. Good luck with your Project Life.

7. Posted 1 year, 11 months ago | Permalink

Dream Weaver – you hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what prevented me from trying Project Life in the past. The fear that I somehow “had” to do it each week of my life – that is just too much pressure, and stress! So I love the idea of doing it whenever I want to instead. :)