These custom pillows / cushions are stamped and are easy to make for a fun gift. All you need is a few materials to make this DIY project. For one of the examples, I used a fabric marker to write the words to a hymn. You could do any fun saying following this method. Read on for more details in the tutorial below.
- muslin or unbleached cotton
-Staz-On Ink pad (I used black)
- rubber stamps (I used some custom clear stamps I designed and had made)
- stuffing or pillow form
1. Iron fabric to remove any wrinkles.
2. Stretch out your fabric on a large table and insert a layer of cardboard underneath to protect your surface.
3. Using the stamps and ink pad, randomly stamp your image onto the fabric. You can create your own pattern with the stamps.
4. Allow the ink to dry.
5. I did not iron my ink to set it, but I've read some people have done this. I have not tried this, but you would need to have a layer of parchment paper between the iron and the ink.
6. Cut out 2 squares or rectangles of fabric and pin the wrong sides together.
7. Sew all around the edges leaving a little seam allowance and then leave an opening for the stuffing. Remove pins as you go. If you are more into sewing, you could also make it as a removable pillow cover. Pillow forms can be bought inexpensively from Walmart or JoAnn's.
8. Turn right side out and insert stuffing.
9. Handsew opening shut.