These days, duct tape is used for much more than it was originally intended by the manufacturers. To a crafter, duct tape is both a tool and a material to create with.
"Tape it & Make it – 101 Duct Tape Activities," (Barron's Educational Series), is a new book out by Richela Fabian Morgan which is loaded with project ideas and instructions. I was surprised that some of the finished projects were actually made from duct tape, they were so nicely done!
Some of the projects you will find in this book are:
- Duct Tape Accessories– wallets, sandals, watch strap and more
- Duct Tape Clothing–apron, necktie, mini skirt, tool belt, and more
- Duct Tape Flowers–roses, iris, water lilies, and more
- Duct Tape Animals–turtle, duck, lion's head, puppy, and more
- Megativities– skyscraper, Rubik's Cube, and more
Even my 8 year old son was intrigued by this book and has picked out some projects he has decided to make. With the upcoming holiday season, "Tape it & Make it" would be a great gift idea for someone of any age, male or female!