Art Journaling While Traveling

We got back from a holiday last week in which I brought my traveling art journal box along.  I had a few opportunities to play with the supplies, so I thought I'd show you some of the pages I made. (If you missed my previous post on this subject, you can read it here: "Inside my Traveling Art Journal Box.")

This was part of the set-up at my in-law's cabin in Manitoba. On the coffee table.

These 4 pages were done in the old book/art journal that I brought along. (You can see the cover shown here - in the 2nd photo.)  At an estate sale in the village where the cabin was, I found an old hymnal, so that was the inspiration for the page on the left. I wanted to cut into it, but my MIL rescued it from me, LOL!

This spread isn't quite finished yet.  It will have some journaling eventually:

This is the cover I altered of another old book that I found at that same estate sale. It was a hunting book and the man was part of the scene on the book sleeve.  I cut him out, coloured him with inks and stamped on him a bit before gluing him down.  The background was colour-washed with paint and inks. As you can see, I have a thing for clouds these days.  The clouds were painted in and then stamped on top of.  The rings were done with paint and a pop bottle lid, and then shaded with a paintbrush.  I may still add to this cover yet.

This is just inside the cover.  No journaling on this page yet.

Stamp Sources:

- Polaroid stamp and 3 lines stamp – handcarved

- Crackle stamp and Honeycomb stamp – Redlead PaperWorks

- Bird stamp and Leaf/Branch stamp – Crafty Secrets

amazing pages, love every one of these :D xo Felicitas from Germany

Absoluitely stunning Angie!! Awesome colours and pictorial/paint creations… WTG… and TYFS! ~ Ali

lovely work!

Very, very cool. How do you travel with all your art journaling supplies? Would love to do an art journal while travelling but methinks I’d have to pre-paint my pages beforehand. =)

Thx, everyone! Nina, it was a roadtrip, so it was easy enough just to tuck the little bin into a corner of the trunk. It is pretty small so didn’t take up much space. I didn’t pre-paint any pages in advance. I just left the book open to dry on it’s own and it was done in a few hours, good enough to close it up. I also put a sheet of parchment paper between the pages to make sure there was no sticking.

I have never made an art journal. But I hope to do so soon. Beautiful work.