Closing date for the call: April 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST
Every month I post 2 sketches. Using either sketch, create a 12×12 layout, 8×12 layout, 8×8 layout or card. One entry per sketch per person. Completed work should be loaded to the Cropstar Sketch and Challenge Gallery at Flickr. Please visit Cropstar in the Contest section for more details.
Sorry, but I am unable to accept international based applications i.e. Canada, Europe, Australia, etc. at this time.
One lucky winner will receive a fun prize from Cropstar and will be announced around May 1, 2010.
Birthday Goodness at Life is Scrappy Good!
Earth day is around the corner you know, and we are paper crafters with a conscience! We reuse, recycle and upcycle whenever we can and so should you! Don't just throw your old scrap supplies away, donate them to children's hospitals. There are plenty of kids who would love to use them and make a big mess while doing so. Just imagine the difference that you could make in someone's day.
when: from now till Saturday May 1st
1. We will assign either TEAM A or TEAM B to be part of, you are expected to do a challenge every other week. (Of course you can always do all the challenges.)
2. Our challenges are posted in advance in a private yahoo group, but due to the nature of Pile It On, not much work can be done in advance since you have to have at least one more CURRENT challenge done in your project.
3. You can do ANY type of crafty item.
4. Samples need to be uploaded to the BLOG on Saturday.
5. We will rotate between the DT the selection of the TOP 3 Scoops!
6. The Design Team reign will be of at least 3 months
7. You are encouraged to use our sponsors images when provided
8. You are expected to leave comments on at least half of our players
when: May 1st – May 8th
who: everyone (local and international)
A Million Memories, an online store and kit club, is currently holding a design team call through May 31, 2010. We are looking for layout artists as well as an altered artist. As a kit club wes et ourselves apart by offering lots of tutorials and free mini classes. If you love to share the latest techniques, teach classes, and chat with fellow scrapbookers then this is the design team for you. In exchange for sharing your designs and expertise you will be compensated with free monthly kits, a design team discount, manufacturer sponsored product and more! You can see all of the submission requirements on the boards here. If you are interested in applying you must register on our boards and start chatting. We want you to get to know us and we want to get to know you! Good luck to all who apply!
Join us for a National Scrapbook Day Celebration hosted by the Citrus Tree Studio Designers and May's Guest Designer, Rita B. Friday, April 30th (starting at 6:00 p.m. (eastern)) through Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 (ending at 12 Noon(eastern)).
The CTS Designers and Guest Designer will be hosting six Challenges/Projects in the forum on Friday evening through Sunday at noon. You can qualify to win prizes from CTS by completing these projects and uploading images of your creations into our Gallery and linking them to the appropriate Challenge thread. There will be four drawings at the conclusion of this event for prizes. So if you complete all 6 projects then you will have 6 chances to win one of our fabulous prizes! All finished projects will be due by 12 noon (eastern) on Sunday, May 2nd. Winners will be announced that evening, May 2, 2010.
NSBD Check-In Thread Giveaways
Come by the NSBD Check-In thread and get your name entered into the drawings for one of five RAKs!!! These are separate from the Participation Prizes and only require a post in the check-in thread. You can come by the forum at any time during the event.
The Paperlife spotlight is on scrapbooking designer/teacher May Flaum. Come listen in as Amy Coon interviews May about her Paperlife, what she is up to, and 2 awesome giveaways she has for a lucky commenter. Yes that is 2 giveaways, a seat in her upcoming BPS class and a Scarlett Lime kit! Just head over to http://www.thepaperlife.com push play, and leave May a comment.
Paper Trunk is looking to add some new faces to represent their company and products!
The Trunk Team Designer Call deadline is MAY 1, 2010. Click the link to view the details
When: April 29 to May 3, 2010
Come and join us over at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog Wednesday, April 21th, for our Be Inspired Challenge #80. Just be inspired by the team and link your project that follows the guidelines by the following Wednesday to be eligible for the give-a-way. This week we are making Spring projects. The Be Inspired Weekly Challengeat The Cuttlebug Challenge blog has a different sponsor every week with great give-a-ways. International submissions are accepted.
Scrapbook Kit Club is on the look out for one very talented person to join our team of designers. We are looking for someone who is willing to be a team player, who is outgoing, talented, and creative. Unfortunately, we are only open to US residents at this time. We will be accepting applications through May 31, 2010 and we will announce the new designer on our blog as soon the invitation has been accepted.
If you are interested in having an awesome time motivating great women, working with some of the newest top of the line products, and an outstanding team of designers then this is the place for you.
Make sure you register on the message board so we can get to know you and so you can get to know us. After all, as a design team member you will be required to have an active presence on our message board.
For full information on this call, please click here.
When: April 19th 2010 – May 15th 2010
Calling all card makers:
We are looking to add a few amazing designers to our design team! If you love card kits that are mixed with all kinds of ribbon, lace and some handmade items because that is what our site is about. We feature new products in 1 kit that has amazing ribbon/lace, vintage items and specialty items that have been handmade from crafters from all around the globe. If that is the kinds of things you like then I would love to hear from you.
The design team term will begin on June 1st and end on August 31st 2010.
What will be expected of you as a Design Team member:
* Promote our kits and site wherever and whenever you can. on your blogs, galleries, & wherever else it is permitted.
* Actively participate in Blog hops and challenges.
* You will receive a monthly kit, you will be expected to create 6 cards with each kit.
* You will be required to come up with a challenge to put up on our site once during your term. Plus you will need to participate in the other designers challenges.
*At this time since we are still a new site we are only accepting applications from people in the US.
For full details on this call, please click here.
Scrap n’ Art is looking for the following for our July/August 2010 issue. Each person who submits a project, which meets our guidelines, whether published or not, will be eligible for a FREE one year subscription to Scrap n’ Art Magazine! Your subscription will be provided once the issue is published. We would love to see your layouts, cards and altered items! Please send us your previously unpublished creations.
- Summer Activities: Picnics, Barbecues & Reunions – We want to see the pages that feature your favorite summertime activities.
- Red, White & Blue – As American as apple pie, these colors represent pride in the USA! Show us your pages that showcase the colors red, white and blue.
- Pets – Are your furry friends part of the family? Whether 4-legged, scaly or finned, we’d love to see your pages and projects about your pets.
- Back to Nature/Great Outdoors – Camping, hiking, canoeing and bike riding are just a few of the activities that keep us outdoors during the warm months. Show us your pages about the activities that bring you closer to nature.
- Layouts Using Large Photos – Do you enjoy using 5×7 or 8×10 (or larger) photos on your layouts? We’d love to see page designs and techniques used to showcase these larger photos!
Deadline : May 15, 2010
For full details, please click here.
When: Friday April 23rd – Sunday April 25th
Join Cocoa Daisy April 23rd- 25th as we celebrate spring with a weekend of challenges, prizes, classes and chats. Our design team has put together some amazing challenges that you’ll love and of course there’ll be plenty of opportunities to win great prizes along the way.
We also have a special treat for you – we’ve lined up chats with both Stacy Julian & Iris Baboa Uy. You’ll have your chance to pose all your questions to these very talented scrapbookers.
Participation is open to all, simply register on our message board and you can join in all the fun! We hope to see you there!