Dollar Store Finds for Easter Scrapbooking

It’s amazing what you can find at the dollar store!  One of my favourite haunts. I posted some of this on my Facebook page the other day and wanted to share it here too.  I found these great little felt goodies at the dollar store when visiting my Mom.  I love the little bunnies!  They are made out of pretty thick felt and have designs carved in as well.  They are packaged in a balsa (?) wood tray which could be altered too.  I thought the bunny shapes would go great on cards.

The larger felt coasters aren’t necessarily Easter, but still so pretty and great colours.  I sewed one onto a laptop pouch I made this weekend. (You can see a photo of that on my Facebook page – friend me link is in the sidebar.)

The dollar store also has multi coloured plastic eggs which could be altered really nicely.  I saw a photo on Facebook of how Melissa Lee Atkinson altered some eggs. She painted and glittered them and hung them out to dry, so pretty. See Melissa’s photo below.

There were also some adorable Easter die cut images at the dollar store which would be perfect accents for a card or scrapbook page.

My recommendation is to head over to your local dollar store and see what they have – you might be surprised what you’ll find. :)  I would love to hear about your dollar store finds and projects you’ve made using items you’ve found at a dollar store.  Do share: scrapscene @gmail.com (no space)

If you friend me on Facebook (link in sidebar), you will see some photos of vintage flea market finds I managed to snag this weekend also!

Thank you Angie for reminding me I need to do my monthly run to the Dollarama for great scrapbooking finds. I always find great stuff there! ;)

missing these kind of stores….. here, in Spain, is so differenttttt , u can’t find this little things…. thanks for sharing it

I have already bought some of that felt stuff…coolness…As far as scrap stash goes for the Crazy Daisy Kits, I’d say anything from American Crafts is a winner (especially their letters) (alphas) or Making Memories (all their embellishments are always spot on) Their papers are always versatile too but right now October Afternoon & Sassafrass Lass have definitely got the edge with their latest offerings.

4. Faith

off to the dollar store – funny how I look at everything through ‘scrapping lenses’ now, LOL
    TFS!

I love the bunnies…

I used to love the Dollar Stores but recently they started making me real mad because hardly anything is a dollar any more…. My “Dollar Store” is now more like a “Dollar Twenty Five Store” and that is just the minimum.. Lots of other stuff is five dollars or even TEN dollars……..
    I miss the old dollar stores where you knew how much stuff was……….

WOW i am heading right to the dollar store tomorrow!! Great finds….would love to get some scores as good as this!

7. jennifer taylor

great dollar store find!!! i am running to mine tomm. for a looksy of some easter felt goodies!!! jen t.

I love those coasters… I found them a while back there, too… here’s a project I did using one!

Just be careful if you are going to put it on a layout. It may not be archival safe. It should be tested with a testing pen you can purchase at the craftstore.

2 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] Skip navigation About ScrapSceneBook StoreCelebrity ScrapbookersAdrienne LoomanAli EdwardsAllison ConnorsAllyson Bright MeyerAna CabreraAmy GrendellAngelia WiggintonAngie PedersenAshley CalderBethany FieldsCarol WingertCarolyn PeelerCarrie Colbert BattCathy ZielskeC.D. MuckoskyCeline NavarroCheryl ManzChristine AdolphChristy TomlinsonClaudine HellmuthCorinne DelisDanelle JohnsonGinger RohlfsSitemapSites that Link HereContactAdvertise With UsScrap TV and PodcastsPublication CallsScrapScene ContestsCreate a Flower Contest“Totally Transparent” Contest“Mini Books” Contest“Altered Envelopes” Contest“Truly Trendy” Scrapbooking ContestScrapScene ElsewhereGalleryCreate a Flower Contest Entries“Totally Transparent” Contest Entries“Mini Books” Contest Entries“Altered Envelopes” Contest Entries“Truly Trendy” Contest Gallery of EntriesFAQScrapScene ProductsScrapping Spring Project E-bookMini Book Projects E-BookScrappy Gifts Project eBook « Dollar Store Finds for Easter Scrapbooking [...]

2. [...] To view our past post about using dollar store items for scrapbooking and paper crafting projects, please click here. [...]