Welcome to a new month! Today brings day 31 of our Handmade Christmas Card a Day feature. I hope you are enjoying all of the card ideas, many submitted by ScrapScene readers! Thank you everyone who has participated! We still have quite a number to go, so let’s get to today’s card. (For past featured cards, please click here.)
Today’s card is from the ScrapScene stash. I hope you like it as much as I do. I am really enjoying playing with wood veneer trim lately! 🙂
Patterned paper (I forget the manufacturer, but the one used is red & not too ‘Christmasy’)
Green card stock
Decorative tape (I think this is from Heidi Swapp)
Piece of lace trim
Wood veneer trim (hardware supply store)
Font download from internet (printed on vellum)
Trim download from internet (printed on vellum)
Scissors, straight edge and decorative edged
Journaling tag (I think this one is from K&Company)
1. Cut green card stock to size of desired card and using a bone folder, fold in half
2. Cut off a strip of decorative tape using decorative edged scissors. Adhere this directly above red patterned paper band.
3. Glue down journaling tag about centred between two other pieces on card.
4. Print and cut out "Joy to All" (vellum) and glue on top, slightly off-centre to the right.
5. Print and cut out decorative trim (vellum) and glue slightly off centred to the right on top of decorative tape.
6. Cut out a small piece of wood veneer trim. Tear one end. It tears very easily with your fingers. Staple it with two staples in the top right of your card.
7. Glue a small piece of lace trim to the bottom right of the card.
You are finished! Stop by tomorrow for Day 32’s design!