Handmade Christmas Card a Day – Day 3

Day 3 of our Handmade Christmas Card a Day feature is here.  You can see the designs for Day 1 here and Day 2 here

Today’s card is from ScrapScene and is a fun card to make that even the kids can help out with.  I like to use papers that aren’t necessarily made for the Christmas season, but are the right colours – it just makes it all the more fun!

Materials

Patterned paper – 2 types – one green and one red

Pompoms – mini sized and larger sized

Wood veneer strip – available from a hardware supply store

Glue

Bone folder

Black marker

Instructions

1. Cut card to size and using a bone folder, fold in half

2. Cut out 3 triangular shapes from the second patterned paper.  Varying sizes.

3. Cut 3 small rectangles from the wood veneer strips.

4. Glue triangle ‘trees’ all in a row on the front of the card.

5. Glue pompoms to trees, using a large one for the top of the tree.

6. Use black marker to outline card along edge.

You are finished!  Stop by tomorrow for Day 4′s design!

Awesome cards!!! Thanks so much for sharing I look forward to trying them out! I love your blog! [Advertising Removed]

This is a great idea for a Christmas card. It’s a bit different but it looks like it would be quick and easy to make. I was a bit worried at first that it had stitching around the edges. And the sewing machine and I don’t have a very good relationship.But once I read that it was marking pen, my heart was won.

I’m giving this a thumbs up on StumbleUpon to help share with other needy cardmakers.

Thank you Karen! I’m having such fun with these! :)

Love this card!

Oh, I like it! Really simple and great looking.
    Will try this December :)

S

6. Karen

Love it! Can you tell us who the paper is from?