Catherine Matthews-Scanlon‘s card is our featured card for Day 19 of our Handmade Christmas Card a Day series. Catherine will be putting some cards up in her Etsy shop soon, so check it out here. Also, you may like to visit her blog here for more inspiration.
For past featured cards, please click here.
Happy Holiday Season Card
Red Patterned paper (can’t remember who it’s made by)
Stampington stamp: C8434 – Berry Print
Vintage book pages
Black Staz On
Red Grosgrain Ribbon
Radiant Rain from Luminarte
1. Stamp image on white cardstock with Black Staz On. Paint with watercolor paints. Highlight berries with Red Radiant Rain.
2. Trim edges around stamped image and distress with the edge distresser.
3. Cut patterned paper to 4 ¾ x 6 ¾ and create background collage using the vintage papers and scraps of coordinating patterned paper. Attach image and ribbon to collage.
4. Add stitching to the collage before stitching it to the white cardstock.
5. Fold the base of the card, the white cardstock to 5 x 7 and attach the collage to it.
6. Stitch around edge of patterned paper using gold thread.