Chelsea, from Paper Cakes, created today’s featured card for day 15 of our Handmade Christmas Card a Day series. For more ideas and inspiration from Chelsea, please check out her blog here. Also, check out Chelsea’s shop here.
Pink Polka Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon
Light Pink Cardstock
Sassafras Double Sided Paper (spots and stripes, green)
Love,Elsie Snowflake Stamp
Fontwerks Sentiment Stamp
Kaiser Craft Rhinestones
Star Shaped Button
Pop Dots or other 3-d adhesive dots
Brown, Pink and White Colorbox Inks
1. Cut 4.5×12 inch piece of raspberry cardstock, scor at the middle, and fold in half.
2. Cut 3.5×5.5 inch piece of polka dotted side of Sassafras paper, and round the top and bottom corners on the right hand side. Cut a 1/2 inch piece from the same cardstock, but use the striped side. Attach smaller strip of paper to the left side of the polka dotted paper, and cut into a scallop. Affix both pieces to the raspberry cardstock.
3. Cut 2×5 inch piece of lighter pink cardstock. Tie a ribbon knot around the top of the piece, and angle cut the ends. Affix piece to card as shown.
4. Draw a triangle shaped Christmas Tree on green paper, and cut into three separate sections. Stamp tree with small white snowflakes. Ink edges and apply rhinestones. Affix to pink cardstock piece using pop dots. Cut a small trunk from brown paper and also affix with another pop dot. Add a star shaped button to the top of the tree.
5. Stamp sentiment on cream cardstock using pink ink. Cut out and affix to card as shown.
6. Apply glitter glue to the scalloped edge, around the rectanglular piece of light pink cardstock, and the sentiment block. Voila!