ScrapScene – Online Class Giveaway
A reminder that we are hosting a giveaway for two places in an online class by Janna Wilson and Valerie Salmon, “Got Sketch 102.” Deadline is tomorrow night, Saturday at midnight EST. Click here for more details on the giveaway!
Dawn Witt – Blog Giveaway
A Walk Down Memory Lane – Design Team Call
We are so excited to announce that we are looking for 4 designers for our October 2008 – March 2009 team!! The call is open from August 17th through September 5th. We will be announcing the new design team on our Message Board and blog on September 15th.
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspiring designers who are creative, ambitious and who can design not only with our awesome monthly kits but products from the store as well. We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to display and teach different techniques
- Ability to create layouts from a basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creativity in the use of our kits and products to help promote A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Ability to teach online classes and write up instructions
- Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure
How Do you Apply?
1) We would like you to submit Four (4) original layouts and one paper craft project that best represent you and your style. Acceptable paper craft projects would be altered items, cards, mini albums, etc. All submitted items must be your own design (they donâ€™t have to be made specifically for this call) and e-mailed to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com
2) In your email submission, please include your name, address, e-mail address, links to online communities (forums, message boards, galleries) in which you are active in and regularly post to. Please include all links. If you have a blog, please include that link as well. Also, please include links to other Design Teams you are currently on, and scrapbook resume (if you have one).
3) List of current and past design teams. Prior design team experience is not required, however, preference may be given to those who are not committed to another DT. If you are currently on a design team please include how long you’ve been there, and when your term will end, also include your title there (for example: DT coordinator, strictly LO designer, etc) Also Let us know if you’ve been published and where (here’s your chance to TOOT!).
4) In order to be considered you MUST register and become a member of our message board community (if you arenâ€™t already). Active participation on the message board and in the gallery is important and will be considered when we chose our team. We want to get to know you and your style! Please understand that due to spam all memberships must be validated by the Admin before you can participate on the message board, we will do our best to validate you as soon as possible. if it’s been longer than 24 hours since registering please send an email to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com
Time to get to know you! Please include your answer the following questions in your email submission:
- When did you start scrapbooking?
- How would you or others describe your style?
- What is both your strengths and weaknesses when designing?
- Why do you want to be a part of our design team?
- Have you done any digital scrapbooking?
- How much time would you be able to devote to your duties at A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Give us your best idea for off site promotion of our kits and store.
- Dazzle us! List one new idea for the site and tell us how you would execute it.
- Do you have a unique skill (for example, do you create sketches or make handmade scrappy items?)
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a “theme song?” if so, what would it be?
- Give us an example of an online class that you could and would be willing to teach (you do not need to provide a write up or sample for this call!)
Now for the Nitty Gritty…The Requirements Of A Walk Down Memory Lane Design Team Member:
1) Your DT term would be from October 1, 2008 through March 31, 2009.
2) Each month you must, create, at minimum 3 layouts & 1-2 papercraft projects each month using either the monthly kit products, or products available in the A Walk Down Memory Lane store. Your work must be sent in via email by the 28th of each month.
3) Each DT member will be responsible for taking turns hosting classes and running crops on a regular monthly basis. (we will rotate around so this does not fall on one person, you must do this at least one time during your term)
4) Post your DT layouts on sites where you are allowed to promote such as Willow Traders and 2P’s giving A Walk Down Memory Lane credit. Watch other promotion Message Boards and Blogs for kit chats and talk us up where possible.
5) Participate in Message Board discussions on a regular basis and keep the message board going by regularly posting new topics, games, challenges, tips & tricks, project examples, etc.
6) Leave praise and encouragement regularly in our gallery for our message board members. This is a HUGE part of your requirement. Members like to receive feedback on their work!
7) Help moderate the MB and alert the Admin if you find anything inappropriate
Newsletter participation is a must, you must sign up monthly for at least one newsletter duty (product highlight, small project with instructions, sketches, etc)
9) You must have a â€œscrapblogâ€ or a blog that you talk about scrapping on and update it regularly each month with your monthly projects and link to the store. We ask that you also have links to our site and your blinkie on your blog and other sites where allowable.
10) Be the eyes and ears for AWDML online, finding new inspiration or ideas and sharing them to help our community grow.
11) Each DT member will be required to post to the AWDML DT blog once per week.
12) You must sign the AWDML DT contract.
What do you get in return?
- As a Design Team Member you will receive either a monthly kit or their same value in product from AWalkDownMemoryLane.net free of charge, including free shipping.
- DT Members receive 30% off of orders placed in the www.AWalkDownMemoryLane.net store (up to $50 per month) and free shipping on those orders as long as they are shipped with their monthly kits.
- DT Members bio and head shot will be featured on our design team page.
- DT Members designs will be featured in our monthly newsletter.
The Fine Print
Your design team term will be for 6 months beginning on October 1, 2008. Your first kit to design with will be the October 2008 monthly kit (to be received mid-September).
** Important information regarding international applicants
International designers, if you are chosen you will be responsible for paying the shipping difference each month, and please keep in mind that we do expect you to keep with existing deadlines as long as the kit is received promptly.
Please e-mail any questions and submissions to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com
Color Me Daisy – Weekly Challenge Week of 8/18
This week’s challenge is hosted by Daisy Girl Kristii. This week’s challenge is to create a layout featuring “you”.
When: Monday, August 18 , 2008 â€“ Sunday, August 24, 2008
Create a layout using:
- a photo (or photos) featuring you
- use any type of papers and embellies
- try to incorporate buttons and or brads into your layout
Here are the rules:
- One layout per person please.
- Please submit an original layout created for the contest.
- Please upload your finished layout into the August 2008 Contests and Challenges folder in the gallery and post a link to the August 2008 Challenges Thread by midnight, Sunday, August 24th.
- Deadline for entries is midnight (MDT) on Sunday, August 24th.
- Contest is open to US, Canadian and International Scrappers. International winners are responsible for actual shipping charges.
For more information and to answer any questions please post your question on our challenges forum. We are looking forward to seeing your work have fun creating!
A Million Memories – Sketch a Day Contest
We have some exciting plans and hope you will join in on the fun. So get ready! Hold onto your seats because we are about to challenge you!
We love sketches and we know YOU love sketches, so we are giving everyone at A Million Memories the opportunity to get your hands on as many sketches as you can handle! Our amazing Design Team will be designing their own unique sketches for you to use EVERY SINGLE DAY for the next month. With each sketch that you use, you will get your name thrown into a drawing, and at the end of the month, you will be eligible to win the GRAND PRIZE. You donâ€™t have to do every single sketch, but the more you do, the better your chances are of winning. Sound fun?
Here are the details: Do a layout, card or project based upon the sketch of your choice. Post your project in the thread of that sketch in the DESIGN TEAM SKETCH FORUM and in the â€œCHECK INï¿½ï¿½ thread. The â€œCHECK-INï¿½ï¿½ thread is going to be where we keep a tally of how many submissions you have for this contest. Easy enough?
So get going! GO check out the sketches and go win those goodies! The winner will be announced on September 19th! More details and a photo of the prize can be found here.
Scrapbook Heaven – Goodbye Summer Camp
Attention all campers!Â Are you looking for fun, adventure, arts, crafts, sing-a-longs, and an overall great time?
Join usÂ September 14th-27th for two weeks filled with summer camp fun. Re-live the excitement and memories you experienced as a child as we say “Good-bye, Summer Camp”!
Each day of camp gives you the chance to complete badge requirements and earn a new cyber patch. Earn the most patches and you could be named “Best Overall Camper” and win the grand prize — a fabulous Scrapbook Heaven KIT!! Additional surPRIZES to be awarded thru-out the camp. If you are a SUPER camper and earn all the patches available you will receive the GRAND Prize!!!!Â All ties will be compiled and a winner will be drawn!
We’ll have lots of fun teaching tips/techniques, scrapbook challenges and maybe a game or two! Come along and bring a friend.
Happy Scrapping and Happy Camping!
When: September 14th thru 27th
Where: Scrapbook Heaven
Time: 6 p.m. EST-START
Requirements: Join Scrapbook Heaven and sign in on the Forum
What to bring: a Friend, all your scrappy supplies and the attitude to have a great time!