ScrapScene – Giveaway Reminder
We are giving away a prize pack from The Hamburg Hideaway! Deadline is Wednesday night at midnight EST. Please click here for details and to have your name entered in the draw.
Memorable Seasons – September Guest DT Call
Deadline: August 4-25
Requirements: A total of 10 layouts uploaded to the main gallery, a total of 15 posts on the Message Boards. The layouts do not have to be made specifically for this call and can be uploaded any time within the dates.
Rewards: You will receive the same products as the Design Team in the month of September and create a minimum of four projects with the products to be uploaded to the DT Gallery.
Color Me Daisy – Weekly Challenge & Monthly Contest
Color Me Daisy has Monthly Contests and Weekly Challenges to keep your creativity blooming throughout the month.
Every Monday a new challenge is posted on our Message Board in the Contests & Challenges Forums. The winner of each of Color Me Daisy’s weekly challenges in the month of August will win 3 Pink Paislee stamps. You can find out information about each weeks challenge on our message board.
Contest for August
Color Me Daisy is having our first monthly contest. Daisy Girl Raechelle is our host this month.
When: Friday, August 1, 2008 – Saturday, August 23, 2008
Our August contest is inspired by the awesome Color Me Daisy debut kit, Splish-Splash. It’s full of blue, black, white and green with just a splash of color! We want to see what you can do with the kit or the colors inspired from the kit.
Here are the details:
– Create any size layout using blue OR green, black, white and a Splash of color (your choice). The splash can be anything; however this color needs to be used in a small way to add impact to the layout.
– The layout can be any theme.
– The layout must have at least one photo.
– The layout must include some journaling.
– One layout per person please.
– Please submit an original layout created for the contest.
– Please upload your finished layout into the August 2008 Contests and Challenges folder in the gallery and post a link to this August 2008 Contest Thread by midnight, Saturday, August 23rd.
– Deadline for entries is midnight (PDT) on Saturday, August 23rd.
– Designs will be judged by the Color Me Daisy – Daisy Girls Design Team.
– Contest is open to US, Canadian and International Scrappers. International winners are responsible for actual shipping charges.
The winner will be announced on this August Contest thread on our Message Board and our blog on or around Tuesday, August 26th, and she/he will win the August Main Kit add-on! The Main Kit Add-On includes Doodlebug Design Velvet Flock in Limeade, Scenic Route Chipboard Butterflies and a package of Bazzill Just the Edges in Atlantic.
The theme is “Favorite Book.” Create any size Layout using photos of your favorite book or reading material. You may also do a layout of yourself or someone else reading their favorite book.
Upload your entries in the “September Guest Designer Contest” Gallery before the deadline: Sunday August 24, 2008.
The winner will be SBCH GDT for the Month of September and will receive a Kit of the Month with which to create your designs. “Your” creations will then be posted in our Guest Design Team Gallery. You will also be able to participate along with SBCH Design Team in posting a monthly challenge to SBCH members.
The Creative Type – Design Team Call
The Creative Type, a new prompt/challenge site is looking for 5 girls or guys to help contribute and inspire others.
- Are a constant admirer of vintage print type blocks in museums, thrift shops, flea markets.
- Have a love for anything Type(stickers, chipboard, stamps, rub-ons)
- Enjoy journaling on layouts, ATCs, collages, paintings, etc.)
- Take a different approach to scrapping by adding other elements in your work, stuff that you cant find at your typical Scrap booking supply store or section.
- Enjoy looking at Indie records for their interesting lettering they have going on.
- Find some graffiti to be quite captivating and interesting
- Just have a love for inspiring, sharing, and teaching others.
Well then I would love for you to join me in this new project! I have big plans in the early stages of development, but I have a beginning in sight. The name has been chosen, the blog is getting all prettied up. Now I just need a team to help contribute!
Please do the following if your interested:
Deadline: August, 31st *12am*
Please include: 3 pieces of work(layout, painting, card, ATC’s, anything made by you) that shows your love of type, story telling and of course creativity.
Any links to your work(Flickr, blogs, galleries, etc)
Any ideas you would want to share for future prompts/challenges
Email all to: [email protected]