ScrapScene – Blog Giveaway
Dixie Pieces – Summer Splash Online Crop
Friday, August 1st, noon PDT, until Sunday, August 3rd, 9 pm PDT
Dixie Pieces is an online kit club that caters to all levels and styles of scrappers, and we are in the mood to make a big splash with an online crop this weekend. The crop begins at noon on Friday, when all the challenges will be posted in the Dixie Pieces’ forum, and ends Sunday evening at 9pm PDT. Throughout the weekend, the forum will be sprinkled with classes and sprayed with games, with a big splash of prizes! Join in as little or as much as you like whether you’re a digital scrapper, traditional paper scrapper, or card maker.
Our “Grand Prize” winner will receive his or her choice of a Dixie Pieces kit, valued at $30. There will be lots of other prizes and RAKS given away, so you won’t want to miss the FUN. Our design team, known as the “Dixie Chicks” is anxious to meet you, so mark your calendar and join us at Dixie Pieces to create a splash of your own.
The Scrapping Spot – Design Team Call
The Scrapping Spot is looking for creative, innovative and talkative scrappers to join our Design Team. The Design Team term will run for six months: October 2008 – March 2009.
Design team members will receive:
-a free monthly TSS kit to create with
-a 25% discount in the online shop
-free shipping on orders that are shipped with the monthly kit.
Design Team members are responsible for:
– Designing 4 layouts AND 1 card or altered project (if no card or altered item, then 1 additional layout is requested)
– At least 2 finished projects by the 25th of the month, the rest by the 1st of the month
– Layouts and other items should use at least 90% of the product in our kits.
– 1 blog post monthly
– Occasional challenges and crop challenges/participation.
– Promote The Scrapping Spot around the internet (where allowed)
– Contribute tips/articles once a month for The Scrapping Spot’s monthly newsletter.
Design Team member layouts may be included in our online or newsletter classes. Design Team members will receive credit for all of their designs. If kit contents are used in a posted/published projects, The Scrapping Spot must be mentioned.
- Contribute praise to our members in the Gallery
– Post an online class at least once during the term
– Respond regularly to topics on discussion board.
We are an exciting and growing community and are looking for strong and COMMITTED Design Team members to actively participate on our message boards and help us promote the monthly kit club and store.
PICKY LITTLE DETAILS:
All applicants need to be within the United States, territories and military addresses. We apologize for this but, due to time restraints, we cannot guarantee that product will arrive to us in a timely fashion and our turnaround time is sometimes quite limited.
Participation on our Message Board is a MUST. If you cannot participate, please do no submit an application.
To enter please submit:
2 original layout -OR- 1 original altered project and 1 original layout. We would also like to see some of your other work. Please tell us what message boards you are on and your screen name, and please include links to your galleries and your blog, if you have one.
Please e-mail (photos or scans) your submissions to: [email protected]
We apologize for those of you outside of the United States but we cannot accept applications if you are not within the US or its territories. We will be accepting applications through August 31, 2008.
Making Memories for You – E-Zine Calls
Starting Aug our ezine is now PDF and will only be available to members that are registered as it’s sent mass email. All submits must be new and not posted or uploaded anywhere else.
These need to be submitted by no later than August 26th to give us time to add them to the ezine. Please email them to [email protected] and if you are a member of Making Memories for You add your username. Please in subject tell me what call your creation is for and list supplies used.
September is the start of Fall so I want to see a great Fall Ezine.
1. What are the colors that remind you of Fall? For me its always a Brown and Orange with a touch of Yellow. Show me your creations be it a card/layout or altered item using those 3 colors prominently.
2. Fall means FOOTBALL….so are you ready for some Football?? Show me your sports enthusiasm on your layouts. Did you husband play? Do your kids play Football? Share with us how you scrapped that game.
3. Altered Items. I know when I walk up to someones home I love to see their front door or their walkway decorated with Fall items. Show me what creation you have altered for Fall.
4. Fall means leaves starting to change, do you do a fall drive and take photos of the leaves? Share with us your travel driving pages.
5. Everyone should be in school now has your child participated in a school event and you got it on film? If so scrap it and tell us what event it was.
6. Fall for me means lots of Soups and Casseroles in the crock pot…. So, what’s for supper? Share your favorite recipe even if you don’t scrap it.
ScrapMuse - Break Free from Chronology Contest
All too often scrapbookers become stuck in a game of catch-up. This month we are going to break free from chronological order and scrapbooking events such as weddings, holidays and birthdays and focus on the everyday pleasures that are often ignored in our scrapbooks.
Contest dates: now until August 31, 2008.
Create a page that focuses on an everyday experience and combines at least two photos taken on two separate occasions. For example, if your child is always reading books, create a page about their reading that uses photos that you have taken of them reading on different days. Layouts (8 x 8 or larger) as well as mini-books will be accepted. Maximum 3 entries per person, please.
Items must be loaded into the Scrapmuse August Contest Gallery by midnight (MST) on August 30, 2008. The winner will be announced no later than September 6, 2008 in our forum. Designs will be judged by our current design team. Contest is open to US, Canadian and International Scrappers.
One lucky Scrapper will receive the entire line (1 sheet of each pp) for each of the Black Market Paper Society papers, which include: Ebony and Alabaster, Let it Bloom, Letters from Paradise, Lucky N Love, and When the Weather is Fine.
All collections are double-sided and the winner will receive 28 sheets in all! (Members have the option of shipping their prize with the next kit at no additional charge. International winners are responsible for actual shipping charges).
We can’t wait to see your creations in the gallery!
For more information and to answer any questions please visit ScrapMuse.