Scrapbook Heaven - Sketch Fest
Stuck in a scrapping rut? Lost your mojo? Sketches are a wonderful way to jump start your creativity! Come join us on July 11-13th for our exciting Scrapbook Heaven “Sketch Fest” — a weekend filled with fabulous sketches, scrapping and lots of fun! For three days we’ll be revealing sketches from our new design team, and ……… we have some sketch celebrities providing sketches created just for our Scrap Fest! How awesome is that! Oh, did I mention prizes? Of course we will have prizes to give away throughout the weekend. Join us and you could be the winner of the grand prize!! Mark your calendars now and plan for a scrap-filled weekend!”
Sketches contributed by Becky Fleck, Page Plans, Pencil Lines, Sketchabilities and many more.
Scrapbook Heaven - Guest Designer Call
Scrapbook Heaven is currently seeking a guest designer for September, 2008.
* You will need to submit your layout to [email protected]
* The deadline for submission is August 5th.
* A winner will be announced by August 15th.
* You will receive the September kit and will be required to complete projects as directed.
* The GDT will be required to host one challenge for our members.
Participation on the scrapbook Heaven message board and gallery is strongly encouraged. We would love to get the chance to get to know those applying for the position.
2croppincousinz – Guest Designer Contest
Deadline: July 31, 2008
To apply, please submit a layout with a SUMMER theme. You must have at least 25 posts on the message board to participate. Does not have to be made specifically for this call. Only one entry per applicant.
Please upload your layout into the gallery under Guest Designer Contest. The contest will begin June 30 and run until Midnight(EST) July 31st. The winner will be chosen by the current design team and announced by August 5th.
The winner of our Guest Designer contest will be our Guest Designer for the month of September and will receive our September 12"x12" kit of the month. During your time as Guest Designer you will be required to create two layouts and one paper craft with the kit and post them in the gallery. You will also be required to post on our messageboard and leave praise in our gallery. We can’t wait to see all of your work so apply now!
Scrapbooker’s Club House – Design Team Call
Scrapbooker’s Club House is looking for a new Design Team. Canadian and US applicants are welcome.
Scrap N’ Art - Page and Project Calls
Scrap N’ Art has released the page and project calls for their November/December issue. Paper and digital scrapbook pages accepted, as well as paper crafts listed in the calls.
IN ADDITION TO OUR SPECIFIC CALLS, WE HAVE ADDED A GENERAL PAGE CALL. SUBMIT YOUR BEST AND FAVORITE PAGES FOR PUBLICATION!
November/December Page and Project Calls
(Deadline for November/December calls is September 1st, 2008)
All Things Thanksgiving & Christmas. Send us all your Thanksgiving & Christmas related layouts and paper crafts, including but not limited to:
* Altered Christmas ornaments
* Handmade Thanksgiving & Xmas decorations & cards
* Handmade wrapping paper or layouts using wrapping paper
* Scrap a page about your favorite ornament or decoration
* Non-traditional holiday layouts
* Holiday layouts with no photo
* Retro (70s & 80s) Holiday layouts
* Layouts using predominantly red, green, and gold
Other layouts & projects we’re looking for:
* Layouts with doodling (hand, stenciled or stamped)
* Layouts using die cut elements from cutting machines (manual & automatic)
* Neglected sticker layouts (use your old stickers!)
* Scrap your 2008 events
* Black Friday/Shopping Layouts
* Food & Recipe layouts or mini books
Use our online submission tool to submit your work, but PLEASE read our submission rules and instructions prior to submitting your work. If you do not follow the instructions regarding image size, file names, etc. your work may be passed up for publication.
- One entry per person
- Deadline is midnight, August 15th
- Winner will be announced on or before August 20th
- Submit 3-4 projects with at least 2 being altered items (using our products is a plus!)
- Be active on our blog and DT blogs.
- Submit your altered project pix to [email protected] . Please be sure the image is not larger than 900 pixels and include your full name, address and any info you want to include about yourself and why you love our products.
If you’re chosen as our Guest Designer
Scrap Muse – July Sketch/Paint Contest
July Scrap Muse Contest – Using a Sketch and Paint
For this month’s contest you will be working from a sketch to create you entry. I have intentionally left it very simple, to allow you to exercise your creative spirit. You can use 1 photo or 2, what ever fits your design. You must also use paint somewhere on your page. So grab your foam stamps, a paint brush, purchinella, or a mask. Or feel free to use paint in any way you want. We want to see your creativity! (See sketch here.)
Contest dates: now until July 31, 2008.
Create a page based on the sketch and show us some paint . Any theme is welcome. Layouts (8 x 8 or larger) as well as mini-books will be accepted. Maximum 3 entries per person, please.
Items must be loaded into the Scrap Muse July Contest Gallery by midnight (EST) on July 31, 2008.
Winners will be announced no later than August 5, 2008 in our forum. Designs will be judged by our current design team.
Contest is open to US, Canadian and International Scrappers.
1st: 25.00 gift certificate to the store
2nd: 15.00 gift certificate to the store
3rd: 10.00 gift certificate to the store
(International winners will be responsible for shipping costs if they are not a member of Scrap Muse. All club members can have their merchandise shipped with their next kit for no additional charge)
We can’t wait to see your creations in the gallery!
Itty Bitty Scrap Shack – Birthday Bash
Itty Bitty Scrap Shack is BACK! New owner Martha Jackson of the Yahoo Wishblade group has taken the reigns with lots of new and exciting ideas. Join us for our Grand Re-Opening Birthday Bash starting Friday, July 18th. We will be having an online crop complete with challenges, classes and chats. Meet Martha herself as she hosts an online class on Saturday, July 19th. But wait, the fun doesn’t stop there! Stay with us for an exciting five week Grand Re-Opening celebration. Stop back each week for a new prompt and earn points towards Birthday Bucks to use in the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack shop. Spend some time in our message boards for special bonus points threads. Visit us at here for more details.