Making Memories for You - August E-Zine Calls
August marks the end of Summer and for most schools a coming. Show us your back to school layouts.
Colors of Summer – what are the 3 colors that remind you of Summer.
Dog Days/Daze of Summer – pets. Show us layouts of how your pets beat the heat in the summer. August 26th is National Dog Day!
Cool in the Pool – Show us layouts of you and your family keeping cool in summer’s swelter!
A Blast from the Past – Remember how eyelets were all the rage? Create layouts,cards, etc. with eyelets and remind us just how cool they really are/were!
Here’s the Rub – Show us unique ways to use rub-ons throughout your scrapbooking and card projects!
Theme Stop – In the scrapbooking industry it seems that themes are abound. If one company makes it the next is bound to follow.. Right now travel is it. From Teresa Collins summery Boardwalk collection, to her Travelogue collection, to Heidi Swapp’s travel line, to Making Memories Passport line, to Reminisce’s themed paper lines of exotic locals… Pack your bags and scrapbooking tools and send us your travel themed layout using travel themed pattern paper!
Company Spot - Send in anything that uses ONLY papers from Kelly’s Kits at http://www.kitcardshop.com/
But these must be new. Not posted anywhere.
August 3rd is American Family Day – Show us pages of those special events that you share with your family.
Aug 3rd–Friendship Day – Create a card showing just how much you like your friend.
Please email me your submits for the ezine by July 30th with the call that you are submitting and any info about the creations. Also your username and real name If its not that [email protected]
Scrapbooker’s Club House – Week-long Online Crop
We’re doing it again: A Weeklong Online Crop at Scrapbooker’s Club House! We’re having a “SPF Summer Crop!” “SPF” is our theme, and it means “Scrapbooking Perfect Fun!"
When: One whole week, from Monday July 14 until Sunday July 20th!
Scrapbooker’s Club House has an entire week of fun, games, prizes, Make ‘n Takes, and challenges planned, so be sure to join the friendliest scrappers on the ‘net for this creative time! Learn, scrap, gab, play and get things done! Bring your flip-flops and beach umbrellie, you’re going to need them… Don’t forget the sunscreen!
Here’s the link for more info.
Clear Albums – Design Team Call
Announcing the Clear Albums design team search!
What We’re Looking For in a Designer:
- Outstanding Design Skills
- Amazing Color Sense
- Creativity and Originality
- Experience working with clear albums
- Versatility: It’s a plus if you can create scrapbooks, mini books, art journals AND altered books using clear albums. Even better if you can think of out-of-the-box creative ways to use clear albums. (But we won’t hold it against you if you don’t do it all.)
- Clear (haha!) English-language communication skills. We’re looking for designers who write well, and communicate their stories and their project instructions with a unique voice. Additionally, being bilingual is a big plus, but it is not necessary.
- Someone who is enthusiastic about our web site and not shy about saying so. Hint. Please look around the clearalbums.com web site and familiarize yourself with the products we promote. If you don’t like what you see, this design team is not for you. If you like the clear albums web site enough to add it to your blogroll and tell all your friends about it, that’s a big plus- that’s the kind of enthusiasm we are looking for.
- This gig pays in money, not product.
- There might occasionally be additional opportunities for design team members to receive, review, and work with various products we are interested in featuring on the Clear Albums web site.
- There is no message board posting commitment.
- You get to choose the products you want to work with.
- You get to keep all your projects.
- Your work will be promoted on our web site, in our newsletters, and possibly even on other scrapbooking, paper crafting, and art related web sites in our network.
- If you sell your clear albums (or related art or scrapbooking supplies) on ebay, you will likely receive additional exposure and promotion for your ebay listings on the design team page of our web site and also on other pages of the clearalbums.com web site where appropriate, including the Featured Clear Albums page and possibly also on the home page of our web site from time to time. This, however, is at our discretion. You will also be featured in our Clear Albums Directory.
- This is not a contest. The Clear Albums design team will be working on a freelance, per-project basis.
- Each designer may receive different project assignments and varying levels of compensation.
- In most cases designers will set their own rates, which will be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
- Designers will be responsible for designing projects (scrapbooks, mini books, art journals, altered books, etc) using their choice of clear albums featured on the clearalbums.com web site.
- Designers will also submit a complete supply list and project instructions for each project.
- Designers must provide multiple crisp, clear, detailed digital photographs of each completed project in .jpg format.
- Whenever possible, designers should also include photos showing the clear album in varying stages of completion while the work is in progress, especially if there are complicated techniques involved or details that need additional explanation.
- Designers must provide signed model releases and signed photographer’s releases for each and every project containing photographs.
- If the project is originally created using text in a language other than English, the designer will additionally be responsible for providing an accurate and grammatically-correct translation of the journaling into English.
- The Clear Albums Design Team members will occasionally be asked to help with judging challenges and contests on a volunteer basis.
How To Apply:
Please submit photos of one or more finished clear albums for immediate consideration. The submitted projects should all be available for publication on the Clear Albums web site if accepted; please do not submit projects that are under consideration for exclusive publication elsewhere. You may submit as many projects as you like. We will consider all of them. At this time we are primarily interested in reviewing projects made using Clear Albums by any of the following manufacturers:
Prima Build A Book Clear Albums, Scrapworks Exposed! Clear Albums, Zutter Clear Acrylic Covers For the Bind It All Machine, Tinkering Ink Peekaboo Albums, Maya Road Sheer Albums, Hambly Heavy Overlays, D. Reeves Design House Clear Albums, Pageframe Designs Clear Albums, Clear Scraps Clear Albums, Rusty Pickle Clear Albums
Please email the following Questionnaire, along with your clear album projects, to [email protected] . The deadline is August 3, 2008, midnight (Pacific Time.)
- Your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Please provide a link to your blog.
- Please provide a link to your online gallery.
- If you sell online, please provide a link to your ebay store / about me page / or feedback page, your etsy shop, your web site or other selling venue.
- Are you on any other design teams?
- Why do you want to be part of the Clear Albums design team?
- How much turnaround time do you generally need to complete a clear album (including time for shopping or ordering supplies)?
- Are you willing to help judge contests and challenges for the web site?
- What is your native language? Are you fluent in other languages?
- What is your favorite brand of clear album? Why?
- What are your expected pay rates for the following projects: large clear album: 12×12, medium clear album: 6×6, 8×8, 5×7, etc., small clear album: 4×4 or smaller
Note: please quote 2 different pay rates for each type of project. One rate based on a non-exclusive basis, i.e. you retain all rights to the project and are able to submit, publish and upload the project to other web sites and publications as desired. And one rate based on an exclusive basis, where we assume all rights to the project and you may not post or publish it elsewhere. (If you do not want to submit work to us on an exclusive basis, that is OK too.) We envision that we may want exclusive rights to a project when the idea for it was ours to start with.
- How did you find out about this Design Team Call?
International Design Team Applicants:
- International applicants welcome and encouraged! However, please note that payment will be made in US dollars (through Paypal) so please quote prices and send invoices based on US dollar pricing. It is a bonus if you are bilingual (or trilingual!) We are especially interested in reviewing your work if you can provide grammatically correct project instructions in French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch PLUS English.
As noted above, if your clear albums are created in a language other than English, you will need to provide an accurate translation of the journaling into English.
Thanks so much for your interest in the Clear Albums Design Team! And thanks in advance to everyone who submits. We sincerely appreciate all submissions. Link for more info.
Serendipity Scrapbooks – "The Man" Contest
Grand Prize & A Runner up prize – Sponsored By Cosmo Cricket
– Create a layout about your man. This can be your husband, little man, brother, friend etc.
– There is a Twist to this contest – You must use the word MAN on the layout, and man type embellishments such as: Mesh, Metal, tread, stars, arrows, etc.
– Deadline July 31st Midnight
– Submit 1 Layout, you can do close ups too
– Submit Your Project in the Serendipity Monthly contest submissions category in the gallery with your name & your state in the subject line for items submitted
– To upload into the gallery you must register in the gallery first at www.serendipityscrapbooks.com . There is an email verification that is sent before you can upload. notify us at [email protected] if it doesn’t come.
– A maximum of One entry may be submitted. (close ups are accepted as well)
– When you register in the gallery be sure to put in your email address for notification of winning.
– International entries are accepted
– All images must be no larger than 450 X 450 pixels
– The winners project will be posted on the main web site all through the month of August with their name & state, as well as in our newsletter & blog.
– Your entry must not be one already completed for any other sites, contests or challenges. It must be made for this specific contest. Please do not post your entry on any other site until after contest is complete.
– Winners announced in forum, on contest page and emailed by the 5th of each month
– If any of these requirements are not followed the entry will be disqualified.
Good Luck and Happy Scrapping
Jules Eickmeier – Blog Giveaway
This Friday, Jules Eickmeier will be posting a blog giveaway for one of Amy Alfaro’s (Memories in Uniform) new albums. The giveaway winner will be chosen on Sunday from those who post to her blog.
Scrapbook.com – Manufacturer Design Team Contest
Scapbook.com is hosting a contest for manufacturer design team members. This is an opportunity for design team members to help promote the MANUFACTURER(s) they design for and their NEW CHA 2008 Summer Product Releases.
The contest details can be found here.
Freckle Friends – July Contest
Our July Contest is all about ABC’s! We want to see your layouts that use 3 or more different alphabets. To enter simply post your layout to our July Contest Gallery. The winner will receive an alphabet collection pack! Enter as often as you’d like!