Willow Tree Crafts – Special Weekend Event with Donna Downey
For more information, please click here.
Scrapbooker’s Club House – Celebrity Chat with Vicki Boutin
Announcing our NEXT Celebrity Q&A Chat for June 30th!
We invited Canadian Scrapbook artist, teacher and Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame (2006) winner Vicki Boutin to participate in a "Celebrity Q&A Chat” at Scrapbooker’s Club House. To our delight, she said it sounded like fun and she’d be happy to answer questions!
Scrapbooker’s Club House will be posting the “Celebrity Question and Answer Chat” with Vicki on June 30th, 2008.
That morning, questions asked by scrapbookers are posted along with Vicki’s thoughtful answers in an easy interview format that’s unique to Scrapbooker’s Club House. The Q&A Chat format at SBCH allows the interview to remain conveniently in place on our Forum for you to read, enjoy and refer back to at your convenience. Convenience is soooo important in these busy times, don’t you think?
Pop on by the Club House on June 30th to learn more about this scrapper extraordinaire, who is a member of MULTIPLE Design Teams including Sassafrass Lass, Scenic Route and Daisy d’s. Vicki is also a member of BHG’s Scrapbooks Etc…Creative Team.
Everyone is welcome to come and learn more about Vicki, her creative inspiration and her artistic eye. Here’s the link where you can find the Celebrity Q&A Chat on June 30th.
Our community extends the warm hand of friendship to all newcomers. You’ll enjoy the Q&A Chat and you’ll love what you’ll find at the Club House: a sense of camaraderie and lots of scrappy goodness! Mark your calendar! Feel welcomed and comfortable at Scrapbooker’s Club House: we know you’ll want to stay!
Forever Always – Recipe Scrap Night with Kylene Hickey
Photos – (this is the hardest part!!) I have used 4x 5" x 3" portait plus 1x 5" x 4" portrait You may choose to use 2x 4" x 6" landscape plus 1 portrait or 5×4" x 6" portrait or even a panoramic shot 5" x 12" plus 1 portrait. You might even want to substitute a photo (or 2) for journalling or PP. 2 x cardstock (or 1 c/s plus 1 pp)
1 large and 1 small flower (or whatever embellishment you like)
4 buttons Title
med size alpha’s (I have used thickers)
Pen for journalling
Optional extras might include paint or ink / embroidery thread.
Kick off about 7.30pm (ish) June 26th. See you over here.
Starting July 1, thru July 26, 2008 we will be accepting Design Team Submissions. We are looking at bringing on at least 7 new designers to our team: I will place here, the requirements for submission and the details of the contract with Serendipity Scrapbooks.
You may apply for the Serendipity Scrapbooks Design Team by submitting the following to: [email protected]
Submit a total of 5 items:
– 1 altered project (does not have to be new)
– 1 newly created Layout with a minimum of 3 photos and hand cut work
– 1 newly created Layout featuring use of embellishments to add dimension
– 1 created card or tag (does not have to be new)
– 1 Layout featuring “you”- using papers, embellishments & journaling show us who you are (does not have to be new)
Send a Scrapbook/artist resume & biography, as well as name, email address & full contact information with your submissions to [email protected]
You must also Include a list of current design teams & scrapbook communities (forums, message boards) in which you are active in. Please include all links. You may also include an online gallery link if you have one. If you have a blog, please include that link as well.
Please include the answers to the following questions:
– Why do you think you would make a great Design Team member?
– What is your best attribute or skill?
– What is the attribute or skill that is a challenge to you?
– Do you feel that you can give inspiration, encouragement & techniques in the forum on a daily basis?
– Do you challenge yourself with new techniques on a consistent basis? Either each layout is testing a new technique, or monthly trying new items & techniques.
– Share any other information you feel is important for us to know about you.
– During this DT call your presence in the Forum is crucial, since the flow of a board is greatly determined by the activity and connection of the DT members to our registered board members. We do not like to set a number of post in the forums but just know if chatting in the forums and communication is not one of your strong points then this call may not be for you. Communication with forum members and other DT members is highly and strongly encouraged during this term.
1. Creating innovative & unique scrapbook layouts, cards, and altered projects not only for our monthly kits, but with products from our store. (These will be sent to you). Each month you will receive a wonderful Serendipity Scrapbooks kit or numerous Review Items to create with. Each kit/review items should be able to make at least 2-3 layouts and another project such as card, tag, or any other creative project the DT member thinks of. Each month at least 2-3 DT members will be asked to do 2 more layouts beyond the kits for our layouts/ideas page.(DT members will be asked on a rotating basis) Note: There will be 7 people chosen for this call. There will also be two different teams. One will work with only kits and one will work with Review items from the store. All submissions will be reviewed as a whole and applicants will be placed on a team as decided by the judging committee.
2. All layouts, cards and projects must include a materials list, step by step instructions (one per month), and all review items will be reviewed in the store. This is really simple and standard information that you will easily perform. Plus, any photos for specific techniques you feel would enhance understanding.
3. All DT members are required to be a registered member of our forum and post as much as possible each day. Starting threads and answering thread are a must as well as leaving praise in the gallery for our members and your fellow DT. DT members need to be a moderator for at least one category in our forum.
4. Design Team members are responsible for helping create & hosting forum challenges for our crops which are every other month, providing new tips/techniques, & participate in Serendipity Scrapbooks Cyber events as well as our Celebrity Chats.
5. DT members are to proudly promote Serendipity Scrapbooks where ever and whenever allowed without breaking rules on other sites. A Serendipity Scrapbooks DT blinkie will be developed and required in your signatures on our forum and again anywhere without breaking rules on other sites. This may require that it not be linked. Updating and showcasing items on your blog, if you have one, is a wonderful way to not only promote Serendipity Scrapbooks but you as a designer.
6. Communication with management is essential to a great team & Fantastic site. You will have access to the secure Design Team forum.
7. This is a 6 month commitment; DT duties will start up on September 1st 2008. You will be receiving your first kit on or around August 1,2008. You will have immediate access to the DT forum as of August 1st so that you can get to know the other members and learn all about your responsibilities. Performance of each member during this time will determine whether you are invited to stay an additional 6 months.
8. Each DT member will be asked to review and sign a contract, which at that time if they feel that they cannot commit may pass on the Design Team position. The contract has details regarding the position that may not be listed.
9. Design Team members will receive a 25% discount in the store during their contracted time and free shipping if shipped with their monthly kit/review items.
A Million Memories – Design Team Call
We are looking for 2 NEW Design Team Members who are US and Non-US Residents. We will be accepting applications through August 15th, 2008. We will announce the two new designers once they have been contacted and have accepted their posts. The design team position is a commitment through January 31st, 2009.
We are looking for two energetic, outgoing, talented, versatile and creative individuals. Strong photography, digital scrapbooking and class experience is a plus, but not required.
Interested applicants must register and post on the message boards at AMM during the DT call. We want to spend the next few months getting to know you and we want you to get to know us and our community. Your design team experience at AMM will require daily activity on our boards.
We keep our Design Team Members busy with all sorts of activities, i.e., monthly kits, manufacturer kits, newsletter, message boards, chats, classes, kit designing, etc., so when considering whether you would like to apply for the DT position, please take into consideration the amount of time that will be required to fulfill your DT requirements.
A Million Memories’ Designers are exclusive to our team. Our designers cannot hold design team positions with any competing kit club or online scrapbooking retailers. Manufacturer design team appointments and teaching at your LSS are acceptable. Your main function as a Design Team Member for AMM is that you will help us to market our store and kit club, whether it be through your designs of the product that we provide for you, word of mouth, etc., We do not want our designers to advertise for a competing online business.
The following criteria must be met:
– Consistent and frequent message board participation is required.
– DT members are required to post at least four items per kit – 2-4 layouts, the altered item included in the kit (if there is one), and a card.
– Complete manufacturer sponsorship projects
– Actively participate in a monthly newsletter and blog posts.
– Actively participate in challenges, organizing contests and vendor advertising.
To apply, submit two new (not previously posted or published) original layouts (12 x 12 is preferred) and one altered item. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page or a card and using mostly scrapbook materials that can be found in our store.
WHAT DO OUR DESIGNERS RECEIVE?
– A free kit every other month containing the industry’s latest and greatest products, plus extra supplemental products as compensation.
– Special sponsored manufacturer’s kits every 3-6 weeks. These projects are completed and posted on our boards and then we send the projects directly to the manufacturers, who may in turn, use your projects on their site, catalogs, etc. This is direct access to having your work seen by manufacturers.
– Product discounts (more detail will be provided to those who are selected for the team).
– Free product for special limited edition kits that you may (on occasion) design yourself from items in our store.
– Free product for special class kits that you will design yourself.
– Miscellaneous perks – free passes to CHA, opportunity to design with our kits, etc.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE e-mail the following information to: [email protected]:
• Name, mailing address, phone number
• Links to other online galleries that show your work (as well as your screen name)
• Link to your blog, if you have one
• A bio of yourself
• 2 new (not previously posted or published) original LO’s and at least one altered item. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page or a card.
Include the answers to the following questions in your email:
1) Why are you interested in a DT position with AMM?
2) Site commitment and participation: We’d like to know your thoughts regarding the message board and site participation. We are looking for designers who are team players and are committed to being involved and posting daily on our message board. We’d love to see how you would go about increasing general participation on our message board.
3) Have you ever designed for another website/company? If so, who?
4) Are you currently designing for another website/Company? If so, who?
5) Are you active on any message boards? Which ones? (please provide a few links to your posts and your user name)
6) How long have you been scrapbooking?
If you have any comments or questions, please email us at [email protected]