Lovebug Scrapbooking – Bugzee Game
Who is ready for the next fun-filled, exciting event here at Lovebug? We’ve got a great one planned for you, sign ups are now open, the game will begin on Monday June 16th and run for approximately 4 weeks. The game is open to everyone, just register in the forum if you aren’t already a member, it’s free!
Who doesn’t love a good game of Yahtzee? Well we are going to play our very own Lovebug version of this beloved family classic…I like to call it Bugzee!
First off, there will be 10 rounds of regular play and a final bonus round (who knows maybe even some extra bonuses). As always, this game will not be a judged competition, the ultimate goal is to participate and create, all levels of scrappers have the same chances of winning, so please don’t be shy or feel intimidated, the more the merrier.
Final details will be given at the beginning of the event, there will be no specific required materials to play this game, whatever is in your stash will more than get you through.. but of course we strongly encourage you to buy up lots of stuff, you are going to use a ton of supplies! Score cards will be made available at the beginning of the event as well, so don’t go running to the dollar store to buy Yahtzee cards, ours are WAY cooler.
I’ve already started getting some prizes ready, they are going to be good, and there are going to be lots of them…oh, did I forget to mention prizes? Silly me
Are you ready to roll? C’mon and join in the fun! You can sign up right up until the end of the first week of the event, so long as you sign up before the first scores are posted. We’ve already got more than 30 players, this is going to be awesome!
Scrapbook Heaven – Guest Designer Call
Scrapbook Heaven is currently seeking a guest designer for August, 2008. To submit, please send in one layout based on a Back to School theme.
Scrapbook Heaven Guest Designer submission requirements:
* You will need to submit one layout based the Back to School Theme to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The deadline for submission is June 20th.
* A winner will be announced by July 10th.
* You will recieve the August kit and will be required to complete projects as directed.
* The GDT will be required to host one challenge for our members.
Participation on the scrapbook Heaven message board and gallery is strongly encouraged. We would love to get the chance to get to know those applying for the position.
A Walk Down Memory Lane and The Scrapbook Site – Make Me a Super Scrapper Contest
You will be challenged during a 6 week contest at A Walk Down Memory Lane. The grand prize? A Guest Design team spot on our awesome Design team OR a prize package valued at over $100. The 2nd place winner will receive a prize package valued at $50. The 3rd place winner will receive a prize package valued at $25.
In your quest to become a Super Scrapper, we will challenge you each week to show off your best work, using a specific manufacturer’s products. You may receive additional instructions such as using a sketch, using a layout recipe, or even scraplifting a layout.
Each week, your layout will be voted on by our message board members. Each vote gains you valuable points. This, along with votes from the Design Team will add up to your final score at the end of the contest. The one with the highest point total will be declared our Super Scrapper of the year!
** You need to be a registered member at the message board located at www.TheScrapbookSite.com
** In order to vote, you must be a registered member at the message board.
** You will find a list of rules and manufacturers to be used at the message board in the contest section.
** If chosen as the Super Scrapper, you will need to sign our DT contract if you choose that prize.
** International designers are welcome to apply, however if chosen, you agree to pay any additional shipping charges of your DT products.
** The contest will start on Sunday, June 15 and run for 6 weeks.
** We will kick off our contest with an online crop on Saturday, June 14 with challenges, classes and more!
** Points will be given for votes from the message board members, Design Team, and you will even receive points for your participation on the board, layouts uploaded to our gallery, and dollars spent at our store.
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact email@example.com
A Million Memories – Guest Designer Contest
We are having a layout contest that will end on June 30th. The winner will receive a guest spot designing for Creative Imaginations in the month of August, a 3 month AMM kit membership beginning with the August kit and will be the AMM featured Guest Designer for the month of August.
Your layouts must consist of 80% Creative Imaginations products ~ any line! You can mix up the lines, or do whatever you want, just make sure that 80% of the products on the layout are by Creative Imaginations. One layout per entry and the layout may be any size.
You can see all of the details here.
Hambly Screen Prints – Manufacturer Design Team Call
We are very excited to announce that we are looking for a new design team for Hambly Screen Prints! We are a screen printing manufacturer, and are proud to say we hand-silk screen all our of products in our studio in California. We really pride ourselves in our quality products and innovative designs, and we are looking for a team of designers that reflect our company. If you would like more detailed information about our company, please visit our website. Thank you for your interest and good luck, Allison Kreft and Hambly Screen Prints
Submissions – deadline June 30th, 2008
Please Submit by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 of your best projects, mini-albums, layouts, home decor, diy and/or altered items (under 100k each)
It would be great if at least one uses our screen prints, so we know that you are familiar with our product. This,
however, is not a requirement. They can be found at website.
- links to online galleries, blogs
- link to online resume (if available)
- questionnaire (see below)
1. Name, Email, Address, Telephone Number, Blog (optional)
2. Why would you like to be on the Hambly Screen Prints Design Team?
3. Have you been published in the past 12 months? And, if so, where were they?
4. Are you on any other design teams? Please include the name of each team.
5. Do you belong to any online forums, message boards or online galleries? If so, please list the site address and your username for each.
6. What you enjoy creating the most? (scrapbooking layouts, diy projects, cards/stationary, etc.)
Scope of Work:
*Design Team members will be offered a non-exclusive contract with Hambly Screen Prints.
*Hambly Screen Prints Designers are expected to complete 3 layouts per month using Hambly Screen Prints products. These will be used for our online gallery, and also need to be submitted to at least 3 other online galleries. We will also require high resolution images/scans for these layouts.
*Hambly Screen Prints designers will be compensated for submissions accepted to magazines containing 75% of our products. Designers are expected to submit to at least 2 magazines a month. (We understand you might not always be accepted.)
*Hambly Screen Prints will provide product to be used for these layouts/projects free of charge. We may ask your opinion on up & coming trends as well as new products & designs. We will also have a message board set up for Design Team members only where we will keep you updated on all the new happenings here.
*Occasionally, additional work may be required for special activities, holidays, and trade shows.
Hambly Screen Prints Design Team members will be compensated for all work preformed on behalf of Hambly Screen Prints. We are a small and growing company and our members should expect an average level of compensation for their work. More details will be provided in the contract. Please contact us if you have specific questions regarding compensation.
We will announce the Hambly Screen Prints Design Team August 1st, 2008 or sooner via email and on our website.
We would like to announce our Design Team Coordinator, Kerry Lynn Yeary! You can see her work in the Hambly Screen Prints Gallery. Feel free to contact Kerry or myself (Allison) with questions, email us at email@example.com
A Million Memories – International Design Team Call
We are looking for 2 NEW Design Team Members who are Non-US Residents. We will be accepting applications through July 31st, 2008. We will announce the two new designers once they have been contacted and have accepted their posts. The design team position is a commitment through January 31st, 2009.
- We are looking for two energetic, outgoing, talented, versatile and creative individuals. Strong photography, digital scrapbooking and class experience is a plus, but not required.
- Interested applicants must register and post on the message boards at AMM during the DT call. We want to spend the next few months getting to know you and we want you to get to know us and our community. Your design team experience at AMM will require daily activity on our boards.
- We keep our Design Team Members busy with all sorts of activities, i.e., monthly kits, manufacturer kits, newsletter, message boards, chats, classes, kit designing, etc., so when considering whether you would like to apply for the DT position, please take into consideration the amount of time that will be required to fulfill your DT requirements.
- A Million Memories’ Designers are exclusive to our team. Our designers cannot hold design team positions with any competing kit club or online scrapbooking retailers. Manufacturer design team appointments and teaching at your LSS are acceptable. Your main function as a Design Team Member for AMM is that you will help us to market our store and kit club, whether it be through your designs of the product that we provide for you, word of mouth, etc., We do not want our designers to advertise for a competing online business.
The following criteria must be met:
- Consistent and frequent message board participation is required.
- DT members are required to post at least four items per kit – 2-4 layouts, the altered item included in the kit (if there is one), and a card.
- Complete manufacturer sponsorship projects
- Actively participate in a monthly newsletter and blog posts.
- Actively participate in challenges, organizing contests and vendor advertising.
To apply, submit two new (not previously posted or published) original layouts (12 x 12 is preferred) and one altered item. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page or a card and using mostly scrapbook materials that can be found in our store.
WHAT DO OUR DESIGNERS RECEIVE?
- A free kit every other month containing the industry’s latest and greatest products, plus extra supplemental products as compensation.
- Special sponsored manufacturer’s kits every 3-6 weeks. These projects are completed and posted on our boards and then we send the projects directly to the manufacturers, who may in turn, use your projects on their site, catalogs, etc. This is direct access to having your work seen by manufacturers.
- Product discounts (more detail will be provided to those who are selected for the team).
- Free product for special limited edition kits that you may (on occasion) design yourself from items in our store.
- Free product for special class kits that you will design yourself.
- Miscellaneous perks – free passes to CHA, opportunity to design with our kits, etc.
If you are interested, please e-mail the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Name, mailing address, phone number
• Links to other online galleries that show your work (as well as your screen name)
• Link to your blog, if you have one
• A bio of yourself
• 2 new (not previously posted or published) original LO’s and at least one altered item. Altered items are considered anything that is not a page or a card.
Include the answers to the following questions in your email:
1) Why are you interested in a DT position with AMM?
2) Site commitment and participation: We’d like to know your thoughts regarding the message board and site participation. We are looking for designers who are team players and are committed to being involved and posting daily on our message board. We’d love to see how you would go about increasing general participation on our message board.
3) Have you ever designed for another website/company? If so, who?
4) Are you currently designing for another website/Company? If so, who?
5) Are you active on any message boards? Which ones? (please provide a few links to your posts and your user name)
6) How long have you been scrapbooking?
Embellished Scrapbook Shoppe – Embellished Idol Competition
Welcome to the 3rd annual round of Embellished Idol. This year the competition will be bigger and better than ever before. We have sponsorship from some of the leading manufacturers and some fantastic prizes to be won!
Each year the entrants of Embellished Idol are challenged to ‘Create out of the square’….to try some things that are out of your normal comfort zone. Previous years "Embellished Idols’ have gone to be part of fantastic Design Teams and also industry recognised status such as Scrapbooking Memories Masters. We want to be a part of your scrapbooking journey, be a part of helping you take that next step in Scrapbooking confidence.
This year we have a whole heap of prizes to be won! The first place prize is worth over $250 and with lots of other prizes to be won along the way, this year is sure to be a total hoot. We are also offering up a 6 month position on the Embellished Design Team for the overall winner.
Rules and Conditions
1. Embellished Idol 2008 will run for 8 weekly challenges. This competition will kick off on Sunday 6th July, 2008 @8.30pm (AEST). This competition is open to all entrants from Australia and other countries. All entrants will be eligible for any prizes up for offer. You must register to be an entrant of Embellished Idol by completing the following questions in an email to email@example.com
Attach a photo of yourself (minimum 600x600pxl)
Describe your scrapping style:
Tell us a little about you:
Why do you want to win Embellished Idol 2008?
email & mailing address:
2. Each weekly Challenge will be posted by 8.30pm on Sunday and you will have until 3pm (AEST)Friday to upload your entry for that round. Voting will start at approximately 5pm Friday and will end at 5pm Sunday. The successful scrappers will be announced at the time of the next challenge update by 8.30pm Sunday. This competition follows the rules of ‘process of elimination’. Those who do not make it through to the next rounds are still able to complete challenges and upload into the ‘just for fun’ categories in the gallery. Those who continue to follow each round once eliminated will go into the draw for a $50 shopping voucher at Embellished Scrapbook Shoppe online.
3. The entrants hereby agree to NOT submit any of their entries for Embellished Idol for ANY type of publication. Embellished holds the right to use the images of the entrant for promotional purposes. All entrants completing the competition even if eliminated must comply by this rule. You may NOT upload your entries to any other online Scrapbook Site. Two Peas , Scrapbook.com & Scrap Jazz are an exception as long as mention is made for what competition the layout or projects has been created for. You may post images of your entries on your personal blogs as long as an Embellished link is entered for each image. Each entrant who has a personal blog is asked to display the ‘Embellished Idol’ blinkie in their sidebar, instructions for how to do this will be available in the forum soon.
Bonus rounds and wildcards may be added at anytime! So register today and we look forward to the inspiration that will be flowing from you all! Stay tuned for more info very soon.
Cut the Crop – "Summer Theme Crop Weekend" Contest
When: WHEN Friday, June 20 – Sunday, June 22, 2008
Cut the Crop is hosting our next crop event. Theme will be "Summer" Crop. Cut the Crop’s Design Team has done an amazing job putting this together. They have been busy preparing kits, classes and games for this wonderful crop event, it will be loaded with inspiration, games, prizes and an early bird special on June 19th!
One of our contests is to upload your Ugliest Page Contest, just go to our gallery and upload your ugliest scrapbook page-if you dare- go to our gallery album called “ugliest page contest” during our crop event the MB members will vote for the ugliest page and the winner will receive a prize package worth $30.00. Don’t be scared; join us for this fun event. Challenge Due June 19th-voting during the crop starts June 20th and ends June 22nd.