Bad Girls – Summer Workshop
Wendy and the Bad Girls DT would like to invite you to join us for what promises to be a spectacular weekend of non stop creativity. We are proud to present the Bad Girls Summer Workshop – a weekend of inspirational classes just for you.
This fun filled event will take place over the weekend of Friday 30th May – Sunday 1st June. Classes begin at Midday (PST) on Friday 30th May and will run throughout the weekend.
With 10 free classes available there is sure to be a class which will inspire you to get your stash out and play!.
Why not indulge yourself in a lil well earned "you" time…..gather your stash together, lock the doors and spend the weekend doing what you love most – Scrapping!
The Bad Girls DT have used product from May’s Pocketful of Posies kit to put together their projects – so if you haven’t started to delve into your kit – now is the time to get busy and create! Dont worry if you havent got the kit – full class supply lists will be provided, giving you the oppurtunity to gather together and prepare your supplies well in advance. With challenges, classes plus prizes up for grabs we do hope you come and play along.
We would love to see your creations so don’t forget to upload them to the Bad Girls Summer Workshop Gallery – to stand a chance of winning a fabulous prize please make sure your completed projects are uploaded before Midnight (PST) on Wednesday 4th June.
Are you busy with other commitments over this weekend? Don’t worry – you won’t miss out – the classes will stay live on the MB until 30th June, giving you plenty of time to take a peep and be inspired.
Remember – all 10 classes are free – all you need to do is join in – have some fun and enjoy the totally amazing and inspiring classes, which having seen them, I can honestly say RAWK!
So what are you waiting for? Go get busy and start gathering your supplies together for the Bad Girls Summer Workshop! Looking forward to seeing you there
Making Memories for You – Design Team Call
We are in search of three new U. S. Designers. We will be accepting applications through July 15th. Please do not send us attachments of photos or layouts with your emailed application. Your submission work will be uploaded to a special gallery we’ve created over at the Making Memories For You gallery.
1) We are adding three designers to our team as some of them will be moving on to other ventures in life (college, work ,etc.).
2) We are looking for three highly talented, and creative individuals who are team players. We want to see fresh uses for products and not your norm of altered items and cards.
3) We are fortunate at Making Memories For You to have a great team. We are like family here, so we are looking for someone who will be a good fit for us and of course we should be a good fit for you.
4) The commitment to MMFY is exclusive as far as kit clubs go. Kelly will be giving you your DT kits so we want to make sure we are faithful to her only. Our designers cannot hold design team positions with competing kit clubs. Online store design teams are fine as long as the store does not sell or manufacture kits. Manufacturer design team appointments are fine. With that said, I would hope everyone will apply – even if you’re currently on another kit club design team, but if chosen, you will be asked to choose between that commitment and this one.
5) Message board participation will be required prior to being chosen and of course after.
6) Designers are required to create at least three layouts utilizing the kit each month, size is not a factor plus at least one altered item every month and a card. You will upload your creations on the 1st of each month. You will be a moderator of a forum and will post there to create a buzz for that section of the forum.
7) Designers will upload on the 15th of each month one challenge and show your example of that challenge. It can be layout, altered item or card to go with that idea in the DT Challenge forum and also in the Challenge area of the gallery.
You will participate in Online Crops and post challenges and games to keep the crop enjoyable for all members.
9) You will be given a schedule of your dates to post the SQOTD and QOTD in the forum.
10) What do our designers receive? Our designers are given a free kit each month containing the industry’s latest and greatest products, plus extra supplemental products as compensation. There are other perks – opportunity to design with Keep In Touch Kits. You may be chosen to get Free Passes to go to CHA to help view and select the upcoming products for the shoppe and each month your work will be showcased on the Monthly Ezine.
There will be a private DT area where we can chat and keep up with all things that you and I will need to know during your reign.
The contest will run from June 1st- July 15th. We will announce the three new additions by July 20th, once the designers have been contacted and accepted their posts. The design team position is a commitment of six months. We will review whether or not you continue at the end of that term. Your DT position will start September 1st and you will receive your kit before then in time to create and get ready.
Your emailed application should include:
Location – City, State
Any CURRENT design team obligations (not past obligations)
A link to your online gallery and whether you have uploaded in the Making Memories For You gallery.
Your username on MMFY if it’s not your real name. (You must register in the Making Memories For You Forum to upload your layouts to the DT Contest Gallery).
Also, please answer the following questions:
1) Why are you a good fit for MMFY, and why are we a good fit for you?
2) Site commitment and participation: I’d like to see your thoughts in regards to message board and site participation. We are looking for designers who are team players and are committed to being involved and posting regularly on our message board. I’d love to see what you have in mind to increase participation on our message board.
Layout Submission Requirements:
3) Creative submission requirements will include TWO favorite layouts of your choice – in any size, an altered project or item of your choice, (these can all be things that you have created, published or non-published, doesn’t matter).
4) We also require that you submit one layout created especially for this search. The requirements are that:
* the layout may be either 8.5" x 11" OR 12" x 12" – your choice of size
* the topic/subject of this layout is to define or explain why you scrapbook, i.e., what is your "scrapping style?"
* it must have a combination of three different patterned papers from three different manufacturers on it. (you must provide the manufacturer for each of the three patterns)
* the layout must contain at least two of the following techniques:
1) Sewing on a layout
2) Hand Journaling
4) Anything computer generated, NOT DIGI PAGE (no digi layouts will be accepted)
Uploading Your Design Team Layout/Project Entries:
Your creative submissions should be submitted in our gallery. Click on Forum and Register then click on gallery and upload in DT Contest Gallery. (No extra registering is needed to upload in gallery.)
We have a gallery set up for you to upload your layouts to called DT contest: You will be able to upload your projects and layouts but will not be able to comment or edit them once uploaded. Once you upload your projects please let me know by sending me a private message or a email.
Make sure you upload your layouts one at a time. Do not upload more than one layout at a time (do not use the multiple upload feature).
Don’t forget, the new layout you are creating must identify the name of each pattern and manufacturer for the patterned paper requirement, please make sure we can read all journaling and identify the technique you chose to use.
You can start uploading anytime you choose and I will accept uploads for this until July 15th 2008. Good luck and please remember to make yourself known on the site as you wouldn’t want to work for someone you didn’t ever meet.
Pamela Young - Blog Giveaway
Pamela Young is giving away a Rusty Pickle Class Kit on behalf of Coconut Scrapshop. You can get the details here.