A Million Memories – Honor a Special Mom Contest
May 5th through May 10th
Mother’s Day is this Sunday May 11th. Is there someone in your life that you feel is a great Mom? Would you like to see her win something special this Mother’s Day? A Million Memories wants to help you honor this person! We are giving away a 3 Month subscription to a wonderful and deserving mom as well as a free kit to the person that nominated this special mom.
Here’s what you have to do:
Write a short paragraph describing what makes this Mom special and post it in the Contest Forum Honor A Special Mom Contest thread. We want to know a little about her and what makes her great. In turn, this Mom has to nominate another Mom and post in this same thread. That’s it!
There is no way we can pick and choose who is the best Mom, so we will choose a random winner on Sunday May 11th, Mother’s Day.
You have until Saturday May 10th @ 11:59 p.m. p.s.t. to put your nomination in.
**Take note that you do not have to nominate your Mom. You can nominate any Mom that you feel is special.**
Scrapbooker’s Club House – Blog Sketch Contest
Closing date for the call: Monday May 12, 2008 (Winner chosen May 13th)
Create 3 cards with the three card sketches by Noella A. posted on our blog. You may choose any theme you wish when interpreting the sketches to make your cards. When you have completed your 3 cards, please post them in the “blog contest” gallery or e-mail to Noella A. at [email protected] or Nicole D. at [email protected]
Please keep images to no larger than 1024KB each for the Gallery.
Please be sure your NAME is on your entry, and to title your entry with “Blog Contest #14” either in the title or description for each photo you place in the Gallery or email to us.
This contest will remain as a Blog contest and will not be announced on our forum, so make sure to stay tuned! Check our blog postings daily at this address. A prize will be awarded to the winner from SBCH. In addition, the winner chosen will then design a sample from one of Noella Arsenault’s sketches for a future blog sketch contest! You’ll win the opportunity to be a Blog Sketch Designer!
Canadian, USA and international residents are all welcome to enter!
Heather Ruwe – Blog Challenges
Heather Ruwe is doing blog challenges all week as well as a free online class based on her workshop taught at the Inspired event. You can access Heather’s blog here.
Serendipity Scrapbooks – On a Wing and a Prayer May Contest
Grand Prize & A Runner up prize – Sponsored By Heidi Swapp & Cherry Arte
Create a layout using the theme, On a Wing and a Prayer, and be sure to use wings on your layout. This can be feathered friends or just wings. A combined total of 50% of the layout should be Cherry Arte and Heidi Swapp products.
– Deadline May 31, 2008
– Submit only 1 layout (close up pictures are ok if needed)
– A maximum of one entry may be submitted
– Submit your project in the Serendipity Monthly Contest submissions category in the gallery, your name and your state must be in the subject line to qualify
– To upload into the gallery you must register in the gallery first. There will be an email verification that is sent to you before you can upload. Notify us at [email protected] if you do not receive the verification.
– When you register in the gallery be sure to put in your email address for notification of winners.
– International entries are accepted.
– All entries must be no larger than 450×450 pixels
– The winning projects will be posted on the main website, in our newsletter and on our blog all through the following month with their name and state. They will be posted by the 5th of June.
– Your entry must not be one already completed for any other sites, contest or challenges. It must be newly created and made for this specific contest.
– If any of these requirements are not met, your entry will be disqualified.
Good luck and Happy Scrapping!
Go. Be Creative – Creative Team Call
We are looking for two or three designers to promote, design for, and participate in the community at Go. Be Creative from July 2008 through December 2008.
To apply for one of these positions, please do the following:
1. Register on our message board if you are not already a member.
2. Email the following information to [email protected]:
(1) Name and full contact information, including address, email, and telephone number.
(2) Your message board user name
(3) A short biography, including any specific talents you possess (i.e. sketch creation).
(4) Link to any blogs, online galleries, etc. where examples of your work can be viewed.
(5) (a) Give three ideas for original monthly challenges that you will potentially post for our members as a CT member; (b) Give one project idea that you would be able to teach as a class on the message board/blog; (c) This CT will be responsible for our Online Birthday Crop – state what your contribution to these festivities could be.
DO NOT attach images of projects to your email; a link to an online gallery or blog is sufficient.
3. Introduce yourself on the message board and post actively throughout the duration of the call. This is an integral part of the application process; we want to see how you interact with the members! No applicant will be considered if she has not been active on the message board during the call.
Please note: Applicants that are currently on other design teams will not be considered at this time.
Creative Team Members Are Expected To:
– Promote GBC on their blogs and on message boards, where permitted.
– Design and post at least 5 creations made with the kit each month, meeting specific criteria.
– Maintain an album in our gallery with personal creations.
– Participate actively on the message board.
– Post one original challenge each month for our kit club members.
– Assist in planning of online crops, classes, and other activities, as appropriate.
– Free monthly kit.
– Discount on add-on and online store purchases.
Applications will be accepted until midnight EST on Friday, May 31, 2008, and chosen designers will be offered a position on the Creative Team on or before June 8, 2008. Creative Team term is six months in duration, beginning with the July 2008 GBC Kit.
We regret that we are only able to entertain applicants located in the United States and Canada at this time.
Please email questions to [email protected] Now, Go. Be Applying!