The Itty Bitty Scrap Shack – Store Design Team Call
The Itty Bitty Scrap Shack is looking for 2 new Architects! We are open to submissions from new and experienced designers. Some of the things we will be looking for are consistency, professionalism, creativity, and quality of work. As an Architect, you will be a critical asset in promoting the products, kits, and contests on message boards, the blog, and representing the company where ever you can. I will be looking for individuals who are motivated, fun and passionate about scrapping for the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack and a team that will work together well.
Who can submit:
Anyone with a passion for crafting and scrapping. Don’t hesitate to apply if you haven’t been on a design team before! International designers are welcome to apply (they will be responsible for paying the shipping difference as well as adhering to deadlines).
You need to register for our gallery and message board (if you aren’t already, they require 2 seperate registrations but can have the same name!) and in the gallery you will find an Album labeled “Architect Applications.” There you will post 2 recent layouts that best reflect your style and work. You may also include 1 altered item. It is *very important* that when submitting in the gallery you include in your description your profile/user ID so that we can properly identify you and your work.
After you have submitted to the gallery please *e-mail* the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Application as the subject.
*Why you would be a good match for the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack Architects. This is your opportunity to shine, so tell us about you!
* Name, user ID on message board & gallery, address, phone, personal statement, and link to blog, gallery, and/or resume
Attachments: 2 layouts or 1 layout and an altered item
Deadline: Please submit all materials by April 25th, 2008
Ana Cabrera – Virtual Charity Bake Sale
Ana Cabrera is holding a virtual bake sale for the charity, Share our Strength. This organization fights childhood hunger. Beginning this Saturday, Ana will have items of all prices from $1.00 on up and has an ultimate goal of raising $5000. The virtual bake sale will include “baked goods” crafted by Ana! There will be a few real food items, but mostly… cupcake stationary, recipe books, baked good softies, etc. All the money goes to this GREAT organization. For more information, please check out Ana’s blog.
Scrapbook Heaven – Amazing Scrappinâ€™ Race!
Who’s ready to race at Scrapbook Heaven? This contest will be a mixture of fun, creativity, and always lots of inspiring challenges!
If you decide to race, you will have the chance to win an amazing prize packages of awesome scrappinâ€™ goodies (and another surprise as well!).
For this race we will have an open call for contestants for a period of two weeks (March 31 â€“ April 12). All you need to do to qualify for the contest is upload 1 of your most favourite LOs to the Amazing Race Entry LOs folder of the gallery, then link your LO in the Amazing Race Contestants thread of the forum!
The race will officially begin bright and early Monday morning, April 13th, when the first challenge is posted.
Here are the rules of the game:
~ All participants will stay in for the duration of the race. (noone will be eliminated along the way)
~ All members who complete the challenge by the following Sunday (11:59EST) each week will get 10 points/challenge/week.
~ You will also have a chance to earn extra points depending on how quickly you complete each challenge! For example if you upload and link your LO first, you get an extra 20 points, 2nd place – extra 15 points, 3rd place -extra 10 points, 4th place – extra 5 points (Thatâ€™s where the race comes in!)
~ All LOs must follow the rules of the individual challenge. If they do not follow the challenge rules, you will not get the points. It is very important that you list all materials for your projects, especially, if it helps to show how you met the challenge.
~ All challenge LOs must be uploaded in the proper gallery folder, and MUST be linked in the appropriate Scrappin’ Race forum thread, by the deadline each week, in order to receive the points.
~ If you miss a week, no worries, you still have a chance to catch up! However, anyone who completes all the challenges will receive an extra 20 points, at the end of the race.
~ Also, there will be opportunities for extra points along the way! So, it will be beneficial visit on a regular basis!
~ All layouts MUST be newly created for this contest (with the exception of your qualifying LO!)
~ Each participant MUST be register on the forum, be at least 18 years of age, and have a minimum of 25 posts in the forum by April 13th to race.
The Scrappin’ Race will last for 6 weeks, and at the end, the points will be tallied and we will announce the winner of the Amazing Scrappinâ€™ Race! This member will receive the big prize, but there will be opportunities for other prizes throughout the race, as well!
Soâ€¦.what are you waiting for! Go HERE to upload your entry LO!
*This contest is open to all. We reserve the right to substitute the winner’s prize package with a gift certificate, of equal value, to the store. Are you ready to race?
Sisterhood of Scrap – First Anniversary Blog Party
Can you believe it’s been almost a year since we started Sisterhood of Scrap? We are still as excited today as when we started. We have made so many new friends (sisters!) and we would like for you all to celebrate our special anniversary with us.
On April 6 -12th, we are planning a week-long anniversary blog party with lots of fun and prizes! And each and every one of you are invited to play along! Tell your friends about it and invite them as well. You know what it’s like at a party—the more, the merrier!
Our party is called “Come Play With Us!” Thanks for helping make Sisterhood of Scrap a FUN place to be! Let the GAMES begin, well, on April 6th!
Rose Moka – Manufacturer Design Team Call
Note: to read this call in French, please click here.
1 year already! To spice up the celebration, Rose Moka Design is looking for talented, creative, dazzling and amazing women who will brilliantly promote Rose Moka products all around the world.
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 16, 2008.
Your assignments will be :
- Promote in an active way Rose Moka products for a 6 months term (starting June 1st, 2008 until December 1st, 2008) by posting your creation on Rose Mokaâ€™s blog and on the net.
- Create a minimum of 3 to 4 pages and/or projects per month. You are allowed to use other material but your creation must advertise and promote Rose Moka products. These creations might be used on Rose Mokaâ€™s blog, catalog or any advertisment material.
- Be actively involved in any event related to Rose Mokaâ€™s blog.
In return, the chosen prospect will receive :
- Earnings for published projects
- Free package of complete Rose Moka collection
- A personnal gallery on Rose Mokaâ€™s blog
- The attendee must be 18 and over on June 1st, 2008
- This contest is open to everyone
- Attendees who are already member of a DT can take part in the contest
- Each attendee must send 3 creative piece of art (with or without Rose Moka products) at email@example.com before the deadline (200K max per creation)
- The name of chosen prospect will be published on our blog on May 23, 2008
The attendee are asked to join the answer to the following question to their email :
1) Complete name
3) Any other Design Team commitment you may have elsewhere, and the name of the DT
4) Link to your personal gallery
5) List of magazines youâ€™ve already been published in.
Thank you for your interest in the Luxe Design Team contest! Please email scans or photographs of your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with â€œDT entry and your nameâ€ in the subject line by midnight April 30th, 2008 to be eligible for consideration.
* Create a total of 5 pieces to enter. Your collective works should cover at least 3 of the following categories to demonstrate your ability to work in various mediums. You are not required to work with Luxe products for your entries, but we will be gauging your ability to work with contemporary designs.
- Layouts (any size)
- Mini Albums
- Home DÃ©cor
- Wearable Art
* Please tell us the following information (if applicable):
- Do you have a blog? If so, what is the address?
- What scrapbook/art-related message boards are you active on? What is your â€œhandleâ€ on each?
- Are you currently or have you ever been on a design team? Whose/when?
- Have you ever had designs published in the scrapbook industry? If so when/where?
- Have you ever taught scrapbooking or other art/craft classes at a local store or at a convention? If so when/where/what type of classes?
- Have you ever/do you work at a local scrapbook store or craft chain store? If so when/where?
* Write a paragraph about yourself and why youâ€™re interested in being on the Luxe Design Team.