ScrapDreamie – Design Team Call
ScrapDreamie is currently accepting applications for positions on our Dream Team. We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, outgoing, talented individuals who will promote Scrapgenie products and post your work to our blog and work on ongoing other Scrapgenie projects.
Friday, April 12, 2008
Scrapgenie Design Team members will be asked to:
1. Commit to a 6-month term beginning April 30, 2008 with participation through October 30, 2008.
2. Design up to a maximum of five (5) projects per month. The projects you create each month will be used to showcase manufacturer products, on the ScrapDreamie blog, in our newsletters, and in other associated promotional material.
3. Participate in any ScrapDreamie online events during the 6-month term.
4. Post additional projects in your own personal design team gallery, blog and other online galleries.
Please consider the amount of time this will require when applying.
Design Team members will receive:
Bio and photo listed on our blog and site.
Free product shipped to you throughout the contracted period.
Design Team members will have their worked featured on the Scrapdreamie blog and in the Scrapgenie newsletter.
Design Team Guidelines:
1. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age on March 25, 2008.
2. Applications are welcome from all European designers at this time. This is not an exclusive assignment. We accept applicants from other design teams including local, online, and/or manufacturer.
3. Previous design team experience is not required.
4. We will be looking for designers who posess a varied level of scrapbooking, paper crafting, and photography skills.
5. Candidates must submit the application and original project samples by midnight on 12th April 2008 .
6. We will make our selections no later than April 16, 2008. Selected team members will be notified by telephone to confirm their acceptance.
7. The formal announcement will be made in the Scrapdreamie blog on April 18, 2008.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Send photographs of 4 examples of your work along with your name, email address and contact phone number to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please keep the file sizes of your jpgs small).
2. Please send a link to your blog or any online galleries where you have uploaded samples of your work.
Freckle Friends – Design Team Call
Freckle Friends is having a Design Team Call.
We’re looking for a fresh new Design Team member with an eye for design, someone who’s creative, fun, enthusiastic and willing to meet deadlines. The duration of your stay on the design team will be 4 months: May, June, July, and August 2008.
We’re accepting applications until April 14 and will announce the newest member of the Design Team on April 24th. If you have any questions please email Susan at email@example.com
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Name, address, email address and phone number
– List of current design teams (if any) that you have been on previously or are currently on (members of other online stores or kit clubs are not eligible to apply).
– Link to your blog (if you have one)
– Links/List of any of your online galleries and any scrapbooking message boards you participate in (make sure you include your onscreen name)
– Why you would like to be on the Freckle Friends design team?
– A short bio
– 1 new layout that has not been posted anywhere else
– 1 layout that showcases your style
– 1 layout about you
– 1 project (home dÃ©cor, altered item, etc.)
– We would also like you to spend some time on the Freckle Friends Message Board so that we can get to know you.
It’s not required or expected, but if you’ve got more you want to show us please feel free to post in our online gallery.
The main purpose of having a design team is to promote Freckle Friends, showcase new products and inspire others. That being said, we feel that if you are designing for other companies (online stores or kit clubs specifically) it makes it difficult to do that. The only exception to that is if you are designing for a manufacturer because we would be showcasing their product.
The Design team is a time commitment (albeit a fun one!). On top of designing layouts and projects for the gallery it involves daily posting on the message board, coming up with new topics, hosting challenges, etc. Please be sure to take this into consideration before applying. We want to make Freckle Friends a place where there is always something happening!
Design Team Expectations
– 3 layouts or 2 layouts and an altered project each month. More is always welcome but not expected.
– Show new techniques and do your best work for all layouts that are submitted.
– Include a complete list of product used for each layout submitted.
– Post a challenge to the Freckle Friends Message Board once a month.
– Participate in other Design Team challenges weekly.
– Host a discussion topic on the message board twice a week.
– Participate in discussions on the message board daily.
– Comment on projects posted in our gallery.
Benefits of being on the Freckle Friends Design Team:
– Free monthly collection and/or products from a featured manufacturer (minimum $29.95 value).
– 25% discount on all regularly priced purchases during your time as a design team member.
– Exposure. You will have your picture and bio on our design team page as well as two galleries – one on the main shopping site and one on the Freckle Friends gallery.
– Passes to CHA
– Ability to take classes at CHA *class fee to be paid by DT member*
– Compensation for projects that get made into project kits.
Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful creations!
All Moments Remembered – Scrapbooking Survivor Challenge
The first Challenge begins on March 31st and is due on April 4th by noon EST. Every Monday the Survivors will be listed on the Survivor Challenge thread and will move on to the next week. The week begins on Monday and ends on Friday. All entered will need to check the Survivor thread to see what the next weeks challenge is. There will be an awesome prize provided by All Moments Remembered. Good Luck! Please register on the message board.
Layouts will be judged by the DT over the weekend and winners will be announced on the Survivor Challenge thread. If your name is not on the list…you have been voted off the island. Or something to that effect, lol.
Label Tulip – Giveaway
Label Tulip‘s website was down for a bit and to thank everyone and celebrate it being back up, they are hosting a giveaway.
And because getting our website back up makes us GIDDY with joy, to celebrate, we’re going to be giving out 1 April kit for FREE to a lucky person, all you have to do is tell us 3 kit names or themes that you think would fit LT style! Coming up with kit names has been lot more difficult than it should be so we’d like some suggestions! Smile So, post on our forum and tell us the names or themes that you think would be a perfect fit for LT and be entered into a drawing to receive our April kit for FREE!
And to make it more exciting, any suggestions on names or themes that we end up using will get a RAK from us!! How’s that for doubling your chances?!
Note: All subscribers are eligible to play. If you are picked as a winner, you’ll get a refund for your subscription payment! I’ll post the random winner on the 1st of the month! You will be entered only once for the drawing for the April kit giveaway but you’re welcome to give us more than just 3 suggestions! You can even give us 100 if you want (lol!) and that will increase your chance at us using your idea, which means that you will get a RAK from us!
Please post your suggestions on our forum as any suggestions posted on our blog will not be entered into the drawing!
Ready Set Create – Card Call
We’re looking for cards of any theme, size, style – you name it, we’d love to see it! We’re putting out the first Ready-Set-Create all card sampler issue together and you could be a part of it! If your work is accepted, you will receive a free downloadble copy of the EZine. To submit as many cards as you like, please copy and paste the Submission Form (below) into the body of your email and send. Please send items that are not posted in galleries, stores or on your blog please. Deadline again, is 4/15/08. Submit to: Jen@readysetcreate.com
Making Memories for You – National Scrapbooking Day Celebrations
Please join us at Making Memories for You for National Scrapbooking Day May 3rd 9am-9pm Saturday.
There will be games, a chat, challenges and prizes. Here are some of the activities: Scrapbook Page Class
Mini Brag Book Class
Scrapbook Altered Art Class
Scrapbook Cards Class
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
Door Prize winner, Overall Card winner, Overall Page winner, Overall Sketch Winner
I will have a sign in thread and draw a Door Prize winner from that. Then all other things will have a prize for them individually, Card, Page, Sketch winners.
Hope you can all make it. Frankie, Making Memories for You
Lovebug Scrapbooking – Guest Designer Call
Itâ€™s that exciting time of year again when Lovebug Scrapbooking begins a search for two new Lovebug guest designers to join our Design Team for 4 months. The first designer position officially begins May 1 and the second guest designer position officially begins June 1. Your assignments will start several days prior to your â€œofficialâ€ start date. If you are interested in one of the guest positions and can commit to the four-month assignment please send your email address! All the interested applicants will then receive an assignment to be completed by a certain date. From the entries received, we will select two guest designers.
For the four months they are part of the team, Guest designers will create four layouts/projects per month using either kits supplied during assigned kit months, or using store supplies purchased with your store credit and discount. Other responsibilities include participation on the forums and in our online crops, posting challenges, as well as kit newsletter articles and instruction sheets for projects.
Weâ€™re looking forward to many applications from all you talented people out there! For more details on how to apply, check the Lovebug Message Forum.
Due to shipping limitations we can only accept applicants from Canada and the United States.
ScrapMuse – March Madness Online Crop
Basketball season is in high gear and so are the folks at ScrapMuse! Saturday March 29th, ScrapMuse is hosting an online crop to celebrate March Madness!
The crop will begin at 10AM EDT and carry on through 10PM EDT, Saturday March 29. Join us at ScrapMuse for a full day of scrapbooking challenges, chats, prizes and more! Win points for discounts in the ScrapMuse shop!
ScrapMuse March Madness Event Highlights:
Â· “Warm Ups” Get your creative side going with some “warm up” challenges, hosted by Gretchen Carmack.
Â· “Jump Shots” Nathalie Kalbach of Scrapbook-Trends.com, will be hosting a tutorial on techniques to create your very own backgrounds!
Â· “Dream Team” Amanda Hensley hosts a make N take using the Rusty Pickle Lucky collection.
Â· “Sweet Sixteen” â€“ Valerie Serfozo will be hosting a rousing game of BINGO!
Â· “Slam Dunk” â€“ Rebekah Robinson, hosts challenges geared to inspire your journaling.
Â· “Final Four” Donna Whalen ends the day with challenges to help you make the most of your scrapbooking time!
Details for challenges and games vary, so they will be communicated at the time of the challenge by each hostess. Points will be awarded throughout the day â€“ so come early or late, it doesn’t matter!
Challenges, games and random conversations will earn you points to spend in the ScrapMuse shop. Also, the challenges will not be due on Saturday – so you’ll have plenty of time to crop, chat, shop AND play games, too!
For more information, please visit ScrapMuse!
ScrapMuse – March Color Contest
Don’t just see the world in black and white! ScrapMuse is featuring Cherry Arte’s His and Hers line of patterned paper in our March kit, and we are looking for layouts and altered projects featuring black and white plus an accent color.
Contest dates: now until April 20, 2008
A theme of black and white with another accent color must be a prominent part of the design. Using kit items are not required, and you may use any combination of cardstock, papers, paints or whatever catches your fancy! Layouts (8 x 8 or larger) and altered items will be accepted. Any theme is welcome so be creative! Maximum 3 entries per person, please.
Items must be loaded into the Scrapmuse March Contest Gallery by midnight (MST) on April 20th, 2008.
Winners will be announced no later than April 25th, 2008 in our forum. Designs will be judged by our current design team.
Contest is open to US, Canadian and International Scrappers.
First prize: $25 gift certificate from Scrapmuse storefront.
Second and third prize: $15 and $10 prize packs from Scrapmuseâ€™s storefront
(International winners may have a gift certificate substituted for the prize pack, depending on location and shipping costs).
We canâ€™t wait to see your creations in the gallery!