Scrapbook Dimensions – Magazine Calls
Vol 2, Issue 4 – Deadline: JULY 15, 2008
If you would like to contribute to Volume 2, Issue 4, Scrapbook Dimensions is currently requesting: (scroll down to read Submission Instructions at bottom)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts focused on the HOLIDAYS (celebrating, traditions, decorations, favorites, etc.)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts – Scrapping WINTER
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts – NEW YEARS (celebrations, resolutions, what you do different at the start of the year, etc.)
– Hybrid Cards (HOLIDAY THEMED)
– Hybrid Altered Art
– Hybrid TABLE DECORATIONS (holiday themed preferred but all entries welcome) Show us how you personalize the holidays!
– QUICK AND EASY HYBRID HOLIDAY GIFTS
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts with UNIQUE USES FOR GLUE / ADHESIVE(S)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts with added “sparkle”
– Hybrid HOLIDAY WREATHS OR HOME DECOR
Vol 2, Issue 3 – Deadline: May 1, 2008
If you would like to contribute to Volume 2, Issue 3, Scrapbook Dimensions is currently requesting: (scroll down to read Submission Instructions at bottom)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts focused on School Starting (preparation, the first day of school, traditions you do before the year begins, etc.)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts – Scrapping Autumn when the Leaves Don’t Turn
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts featuring Halloween Costumes
– Hybrid Cards
– Hybrid Altered Art
– Hybrid Party Favors
– Hybrid Halloween Decorations / Bags
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts with CRACKLING TECHNIQUES (digital and traditional)
– Hybrid Projects / Layouts with INKING TECHNIQUES (digital and traditional)
– Hybrid Projects – Go “batty” – unique ways to use Autumn and Halloween themed embellishments and papers
If you are a traditional scrapper, show us how you can use the computer to add to your scrapping projects. If you are a digital scrapper, show us how you can include a hands-on approach.
PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION INCLUDES BOTH TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL TECHNIQUES.
Artwork may have been previously posted and viewed on-line but may not have been published before in a magazine or feature article.
If your project doesn’t fit the categories, still submit!
SCRAPBOOK DIMENSIONS MAGAZINE ACCEPTS GENERAL ENTRIES ON AN ONGOING BASIS for possible inclusion in the magazine or other ongoing projects.
Let us know if you have an idea for an article, project, or special technique by emailing [email protected]
2 print copies of the magazine
1.Please state in the subject line of your email which issue and which category you are submitting to.
2. Please include your name, address, email, and daytime phone number.
3.Submit your scanned or digital image at 72 dpi, Emails must be no larger than 500 mb.
4.You must be able to supply detailed instructions to your project.
5.It is essential that you point out which part is using traditional methods and which part uses technology (i.e. computer, software, etc) even though it may seem obvious.
6.All submissions need a supply list
Send your project to [email protected]
Questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome in our forums.
Itty Bitty Scrap Shack – “Scrap to Remember!” Contest
We would like to announce our latest Challenge/Contest. We have teamed up to raise money for First Candle, an education/support site for parents who have lost an infant to SIDS or other unexpected death. This challenge, Scrap to Remember, is our way of helping these families.
Contest begins March 20th.
A $10 donation is requested from anyone who wishes to participate in the contest. (Donation can be made on our blog). Once your donation has been received your name will be added to the participant list. All participants must have donated by April 1st.
The contest is as follows:
Create two 8 1/2 x 11 layouts with the theme of babies or families. There should be no pictures or journaling, these are “empty” layouts where pictures could go. Then, you will need to mail your layouts to the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack (address information is on the message board under the “Scrap to Remember” forum). Layouts need to be received by April 20th. Once at the Shack, they will be judged and assembled into albums where they will then be given to families who have lost an infant to fill with the precious pictures and memories that they have left. One winner will be selected from the participants and will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Itty Bitty Scrap Shack. Once your donation has been made you can choose to enter more than 2 layouts, but 2 is the minimum.
Please visit our messageboard for more details and information! We hope you’ll participate and allow others to remember through your scrapping!
Scrappin Times Blog – Easter Egg Hunt
Scrappin Times has posted an Easter Egg hunt. You can get the details here.
Melodee Langworthy – Blog Giveaway
Melodee Langworthy is giving away a very nice Easter Album kit this weekend on her blog. The value is $56.00. Check out Melodee’s blog here.
A Million Memories – Ad Inspiration Challenge
A Million Memories is running an ad inspiration challenge. Find an ad that inspires you, it can be anything: home decor, clothing, etc… and figure out what inspires you about it. Maybe it’s a color combo, maybe a pattern. Then, create a layout or altered project using your inspiration! Prize is an SEI RAK. When you are done, post your layout in the gallery and in the thread here. To see Design Team member, Emily Jones’ take on the challenge, please click here. For more information, please click here.