Scrapbook Supplies to Make a Doll House

dollhouse.JPGI had to show you this doll house that my Mom and I are working on. It is made from an old shelf – perfect for a homemade little house. It has three floors. The shelf is really rough and was made by my brother a very long time ago. It was originally intended as a hockey table game so it has small holes cut out of the shelves for dowls to go through. No worries on that though, the ‘floors’ are covered with dollar store rug samples and ‘brick’ look tiles. The sides are also covered with the tile.

I’ve had such fun using my scrapbook patterned papers and embellishments to dress up this little ‘house!’ Below is a rundown of what has happened so far. It’s a work-in-progress and there is still lots to do. It will probably take awhile to finish completely and by the time it’s finished, we’ll probably want to redo it!

The Rooftop

The top of the shelf has parts of a dollar store picket fence screwed on to make it look like a rooftop patio. Chipboard letters say, “Family Home,” and Maya Road teeny chipboard houses with rub-ons decorate the fence. The metal table and chairs were an eBay find and they have a broken iced tea set on the table. We plan to recover the table top with a cute paper or fabric tablecloth. Also, we’ll be making some mini cushions for the chairs using Martha Stewart‘s red and white baker’s twine to attach to the chair backs.

topdeck.JPG

Below is Lochlan doing his part, painting the Maya Road chipboard houses!

lochpainting.JPG

The Bottom Floor

The bottom shelf is a dining room and kitchen. The rabbits are all sitting in at the table waiting for their Easter dinner! The walls are papered using new Scenic Route papers. We plan to put a small partition wall to give a bit of room separation. Those are miniature pompoms at the ceiling border in the kitchen. In the dining room, we used mini frames from a dollar store and decorated them up by putting small scraps of patterned paper on the back, a mini flower on top and some Ranger Stickles in some of the flower centres. The chair rail is actually part of a wooden blind. Sayings on the wall are cardstock stickers from Cosmo Cricket. The miniature newspapers and miniature books were made using printouts from Printables. The door key hole is from Melissa Frances.

rabbitsatthetable.JPG

closeupbunny.JPG

kitchen.JPG

The Second Floor

The second floor will be a living room and bathroom. Again, we’ve got lots more to do here. Walls are papered using new Scenic Route Lynden paper. My Mom will make some cute curtains for the windows and we need to get a toilet, sink and tub yet.

bathroom.JPG

The Third Floor

The third floor will have two bedrooms. We don’t have the furniture just yet and there is some more decorating yet to come. Some of the paper is from Basic Grey and I can’t remember the rest. The little flowers are from a dollar store.

bedroom2.JPG

bedroom1.JPG

I will show you more photos once we get more rooms finished. We would love to see if anyone else has made a doll house using their scrapbook supplies!

I am inspired!!! This is sooo gorgeous. Think I might just have to make one. Thanks for the great idea!

2. fortyfordpickup

It’s sad to see such an ignominius end to a boy’s hockey game. For Lochlan’s sake it should have a double attached garage with room for a hot car and a 4×4, with enough room for a couple of wrenches and a few used spark plugs. Every home needs this!

Wow Angie, this is soooo cool! Can’t wait to see more photos of this project.

Oh this is just too cute!! And almost as much work as renovating and decorating a real house, just not quite as expensive!! LOL
    Can’t wait to see more pics and updates!

What an amazing project! Super!

This is just adorable! We bought a book shelf at a garage sale for $2 this past summer. I had intended on making a doll house with it, but the shelves were not wide enough, so haven’t started yet. Need to either find another shelf or find a place for all my books on the shelf that I’m currently using that would work, hmmm. Love the inspiration, can’t wait to see more photos! Very cute stuff!!!

love love this doll house!!!

Absolutely fabulous!

How stinkin’ cute is this!!!!!!!!! Just adorable, I tell ya!

Oh, forgot to tell you that those are perfect paper choices for each and every room!

11. Bonafyde

What a fabulous, fabulous idea!

Adorable!!! I once created a diorama in a box and had so much fun with it. I bought another box and couldn’t figure out what to do with it.

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I think a doll house room would be just perfect for it! =)

Oh my gosh, this is just too adorable for words! The patterned paper choices are fantastic for each room. Now I want to make one too. Please show us more photos as you progress with the house. Love it!

This is AWESOME!!!

3 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] who knows me knows how much I love doll houses.  This doll house project looks really simple to do.  It is made out of recycled [...]

2. [...]  Altering a recycled item makes you feel good!  Here is another idea we did awhile back: altering an old shelf and turning it into a doll house.  We used scrapbook paper as wallpaper here.  If you have a unique way to use scrapbook [...]

3. [...] a shelf dollhouse. (If you like dollhouses, also see mine decorated with scrapbook papers here, here and [...]