We are so excited to announce that we are looking for 5 designers for our April 2008 – September 2008 team!! The call is open from February 20 through March 5, 2008. We will be announcing the new design team on our Message Board on March 15th.
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspired designers who are creative, ambitious and who can design not only with our awesome monthly kits but products from the store as well. We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to display and teach different techniques
- Ability to create layouts from a basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creativity in the use of our kits and products to help promote The Scrapbook Site and A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Ability to teach online classes and write up instructions
- Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure
How Do you Apply?
1) We would like you to submit Four (4) original layouts and one paper craft project that best represent you and your style. Acceptable paper craft projects would be altered items, cards, mini albums, etc. All submitted items must be your own design (they donâ€™t have to be made specifically for this call) and e-mailed to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com
2) In your email submission, please include your name, address, e-mail address, links to online communities (forums, message boards, galleries) in which you are active in and regularly post to. Please include all links. If you have a blog, please include that link as well. Also, please include links to other Design Teams you are currently on, and scrapbook resume (if you have one).
3) List of current and past design teams. Prior design team experience is not required, however, preference may be given to those who are not committed to another DT. If you are currently on a design team please include how long you’ve been there, and when your term will end, also include your title there (for example: DT coordinator, strickly LO designer, etc) Also Let us know if you’ve been published and where (here’s your chance to TOOT!).
4) In order to be considered you MUST register and become a member of our message board community (if you arenâ€™t already). Active participation on the message board and in the gallery is important and will be considered when we chose our team. We want to get to know you and your style! Please understand that due to spam all memberships must be validated by the Admin before you can participate on the message board, we will do our best to validate you as soon as possible. If it’s been longer than 24 hours since registering please send an email to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com
Time to get to know you!
Please answer the following questions:
- When did you start scrapbooking?
- How would you or others describe your style?
- What is both your strengths and weaknesses when designing?
- Why do you want to be a part of our design team?
- Have you done any digital scrapbooking?
- How much time would you be able to devote to promoting The Scrapbook Site and A Walk Down Memory Lane other than on our MB?
- Give us your best idea for off site promotion of our kits and store.
- Dazzle us! List one new idea for the site and tell us how you would execute it.
- Do you have a unique skill (for example, do you create sketches or make handmade scrappy items?)
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a “theme song?” if so, what would it be?
- Give us an example of an online class that you could and would be willing to teach (including writing all instructions and producing an example).
Now for the Nitty Gritty…The Requirements Of A TSS Design Team Member:
1) Your DT term would be from April 1, 2008 through September 30, 2008.
2) You must each month, create, at minimum 2 layouts & 1-2 papercraft projects each month using either the monthly kit products, or products available in the A Walk Down Memory Lane store. In addition, you must create at least 1-2 more LO’s using the monthly kit as well as incorporating other items (we prefer that they are items carried at A Walk Down Memory Lane, and that you can link members in your description) Your work must be sent in by the 28th of each month via e-mail.
3) Each DT member will be responsible for taking turns hosting classes and running crops on a regular monthly basis. (we will rotate around so this does not fall on one person, you must do this at least one time during your term)
4) Post your DT layouts on sites where you are allowed to promote such as Willow Traders and 2 P’s giving TSS credit. Watch other promotion Message Boards and Blogs for kit chats and talk us up where possible.
5) Participate in Message Board discussions on a regular basis and keep the message board going by regularly posting new topics, games, challenges, tips & tricks, project examples, etc.
6) Leave praise and encouragement regularly in our gallery for our message board members.
7) Help moderate the MB and alert the Admin if you find anything inappropriate
Newsletter participation is a must, you must sign up monthly for at least one newsletter duty (product highlight, small project with instructions, sketches, etc)
9) Having a blog is not a requirement of being chosen, however greater weight will be given to entrants who have a â€œscrapblogâ€ and update it regularly. If you do have a blog you must also have links to our site and your blinkie on your blog and other sites where allowable.
10) If you are posting your LO somewhere other than on our site (including your blog) you must indicate that you used the TSS monthly kit or AWDML product.
11) Be the eyes and ears for TSS online, finding new inspiration or ideas and sharing them to help our community grow.
12) Each DT member will be required to post to the DT blog once per week.
13) You must sign the TSS DT contract.
What do you get in return?
- As a Design Team Member you will receive either a choice of the monthly kits or their same value in product from A Walk Down Memory Lane free of charge, including free shipping.
- DT Members receive 30% off of orders placed in the A Walk Down Memory Lane store (up to $50) and free shipping on those orders as long as they are shipped with their monthly kits.
- DT Members bio and head shot will be featured on our design team page.
- DT Members designs will be featured in our monthly newsletter.
The Fine Print
Your design team term will be for 6 months beginning on April 1st, 2008. Your first kit to design with will be the April 2008 monthly kit (to be received mid-March).
** Important information regarding international applicants
International designers, if you are chosen you will be responsible for paying the shipping difference each month, and please keep in mind that we do expect you to keep with existing deadlines as long as the kit is received promptly.
Please e-mail any questions and submissions to DTCall@thescrapbooksite.com