Today’s card comes from us courtesy of Kristin Hayne for Queen and Company. Take a look at her uniquely shaped card with beautiful design and colours. There are other Valentine project ideas being posted on the Queen and Company blog if you are looking for some additional inspiration.
I LOVE YOU card, by Kristin Hayne
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 6 x 4 Â½ inches to make your base card.
3. Cover the heart flap with your choice of patterned paper and trim off the excess.
4. Use a paper piercer to poke holes along the right side of the heart. Loop small pieces of ribbon through, adhering them with small decorative Queen & Co. brads.
5. Adhere Queen & Co decorative felt swirls to the middle of the card. Add a felt heart to the middle and add Queen & Co. jewels to the ends of the swirls.
6. Take two large circle brads and set them in the upper left and lower right hand corners of the flap, leaving the swirl in the middle. You then can add Queen & Co. chipboard alpha dots on top of the big Brads for added dimension, thus completing the sentiment.
8. Finish off the card by tying the matching ribbon onto a decorative paper clip and clipping it to the upper portion of the card.
9. Finish the card by inking the edges lightly.