This is the first installment of ScrapScene’s Valentine Card a Day! We hope you will join us and make a handmade card for your valentine. We will be posting a new card design each day until we run out of ideas or until Valentine’s Day, whichever comes first.
Vintage Valentine (see below), ribbon, flower embellishment, 3 pieces of patterned paper, rub on scroll designs
Paper trimmer or scissors, scalloped punch (square or round), adhesive, corner rounder
2. We printed the image on the Epson Stylus RX680 printer/scanner. This printer does an amazing job at printing clearly. You’d never know you weren’t working with an original vintage image. It’s a great way to be able to reuse vintage images over and over. Just scan them in and print off as many copies as you want for artsy projects. I’ve always struggled with this in the past (i.e. cutting up original vintage pieces) but now I am happy that I can retain vintage ephemera without having to ‘destroy’ it by using it in my artwork!
3. Cut out the vintage Valentine and cut out two pieces of patterned paper slightly larger than each other. Round corners of 2nd piece.
4. Use adhesive to attach one patterned paper to the other.
5. Cut ribbon to size and glue to back of vintage Valentine.
6. Attach the vintage Valentine image to the top of the patterned paper.
7. Cut a small scalloped square or circle out of the 3rd patterned paper and apply to bottom right of image.
8. Using rub ons, randomly apply to design. We put one on the scalloped square punch out and another in the top left for balance.
9. Glue on a mini flower embellishment to top left.
10. Tie ribbon in a nice bow!
We would love to see your card, if you’re following along! Stop by tomorrow to see what Day 2 of our Handmade Valentine Card a Day will be!