A Million Memories – Valentine Giveaway
There is a giveaway going on at A Million Memories right now. They are just asking people to tell them about their favorite Valentineâ€™s Day lines. They are giving away a card making kit and a matchbox kit by Daisy Ds in the new Maybe Baby Collection. Here is a link for more details and to enter. Deadline is today!
Queen Kat Designs – Blog Party
Queen Kat Designs is happy to announce it’s first ever Round Robin Blog Party or RRBP. It will begin on Jan 2nd right here at the Queen Kat Designs Official Blog for a day of fun and stamping. Each blog after that will have 3 days to party!
Each of the 10 Royal Court Members will host 3 challenges during their mini crop. You’ll have a chance to win a mini stamp set on each of their blogs. So, make sure you play through the month and win a set!
Click here to see the list of when and where for our party. Come and join us to celebrate the new year and the next 12 months of new stamp designs.
Donna Downey – Scrapbooking in Tuscany
Serendipity Scrapbooks – Design Team Call
Are you creative, full of ideas? Love to share ideas, techniques and inspiration? Then this may just be for you!
Starting Jan 1, 2008 to Jan 19, 2008 we will be accepting Design Team Submissions. We are looking at bringing on at least 6 new designers to our team: I will place here, the requirements for submission and the details of the contract with Serendipity Scrapbooks.
You may apply for the Serendipity Scrapbooks Design Team by submitting the following to: [email protected] starting Jan 1st until Midnight Eastern Time Jan 19, 2008. At this time we are unable to consider International applicants, however, you may submit to all our site contests & challenges. NOTE: Canadians that would like to apply may do so under the understanding that should you be picked for the DT team, it may take up to 10 or more days for you to receive your shipment of design products, and that the layouts and projects need to be completed in the timeline. Also, you must be willing to pay the difference to ship your design products to you, costs are based on weight & postal code.
Submit a total of 5 items:
– 1 altered project (does not have to be new)
– 1 newly created Layout with a minimum of 3 photos
– 1 newly created Layout featuring use of embellishments to add dimension
– 1 created card or tag (does not have to be new)
– 1 Layout featuring â€œyouâ€- using papers, embellishments & word show us who you are (does not have to be new)
All pictures need to be clear, in .jpg format, and no larger than 450 x 450 Pixels. All submissions will be posted without names in the gallery under design team submissions for general viewing.
Send a Scrapbook/artist resume & biography, as well as name, email address & full contact information with your submissions to [email protected] .
You must also include a list of current design teams & scrapbook communities (forums, message boards) in which you are active in. Please include all links. You may also include an online gallery link if you have one. If you have a blog, please include that link as well.
Please include the answers to the following questions:
* Why do you think you would make a great Design Team member?
* What is your best attribute or skill?
* What is the attribute or skill that is a challenge to you?
* Do you feel that you can give inspiration, encouragement & techniques in the forum on a daily basis?
* Do you challenge yourself with new techniques on a consistent basis? Either each layout is testing a new technique, or monthly trying new items & techniques.
*Share any other information you feel is important for us to know about you.
During this DT call your presence in the Forum is crucial, since the flow of a board is greatly determined by the activity and connection of the DT members to our registered board members. We do not like to set a number of post in the forums but just know if chatting in the forums and communication is not one of your strong points then this call may not be for you. Communication with forum members and other DT members is highly and strongly encouraged during this term.
If chosen as a Serendipity Scrapbooks Design Team member you will be responsible for the following:
1. Creating innovative & unique scrapbook layouts, cards, and altered projects not only for our monthly kits, but with products from our store. (These will be sent to you). Each month you will receive a wonderful Serendipity Scrapbooks kit or numerous Review Items to create with. Each kit/review items should be able to make at least 2-3 layouts and another project such as card, tag, or any other creative project the DT member thinks of. Each month at least 2-3 DT members will be asked to do 2 more layouts beyond the kits for our layouts/ideas page. (DT members will be asked on a rotating basis).
2. All layouts, cards and projects must include a materials list, step by step instructions (one per month), and all review items will be reviewed in the store. This is really simple and standard information that you will easily perform. Plus, any photos for specific techniques you feel would enhance understanding.
3. All DT members are required to be a registered member of our forum and post as much as possible each day. Starting threads and answering thread are a must as well as leaving praise in the gallery for our members and your fellow DT. DT members need to be a moderator for at least one category in our forum.
4. Design Team members are responsible for helping create & hosting forum challenges for our crops which are every other month, providing new tips/techniques, & participate in Serendipity Scrapbooks Cyber events.
5. DT members are to proudly promote Serendipity Scrapbooks whereever and whenever allowed without breaking rules on other sites. A Serendipity Scrapbooks DT blinkie will be developed and required in your signatures on our forum and again anywhere without breaking rules on other sites. This may require that it not be linked. Updating and showcasing items on your blog, if you have one, is a wonderful way to not only promote Serendipity Scrapbooks but you as a designer.
6. Communication with management is essential to a great team & Fantastic site. You will have access to the secure Design Team forum.
7. This is a 6 month commitment; DT duties will start up on March 1st 2008. You will be receiving your first kit on or around Feb 1,2008. You will have immediate access to the DT forum as of Feb 1st so that you can get to know the other members and learn all about your responsibilities. Performance of each member during this time will determine whether you are invited to stay an additional 6 months.
8. Each DT member will be asked to review and sign a contract, which at that time if they feel that they cannot commit may pass on the Design Team position. The contract has details regarding position that may not be listed.
9. Design Team members will receive a 25% discount in the store during their contracted time and free shipping if shipped with their monthly kit.
There is a thread in the forum for the DT call and you may post any comments or questions to this thread. We are here to help you be your best so that you can be the best for Serendipity Scrapbooks.
Happy Scrapping and Good Luck!
ScrapHappy – Layout a Day Challenge
I’m throwing down the gauntlet and inviting scrapbookers everywhere to join me in creating a layout a day for the entire month of January. That’s right — 31 layouts in 31 days! Wacky, sure. Fun, definitely!
The challenge is co-sponsored by Big Picture Scrapbooking . Participants register for this no-cost workshop at BPS and then join me online for daily prizes, inspiration, a gallery and message board and more.
It gets better — not only will it be a blast, I’ll also be donating $1 for each registered participant to Books for Kids.
Interested? Sign up fast! We’re starting with a bang on 1/1/08, and sign-ups will close on 1/15/08.