Altering a magnetic board is such a great gift idea.Â What I like about it is that you can easily change the photos around and even the embellishments if you make them magnetic as well.Â All you have to do is use mod podge to adhere your background papers and any embellishments that you would like to have a permanent part of your design.Â Then, for the photos, mount them on magnetic self-stick paper and place them on the design.Â (You can often find magnetic paper at a business supply store or even a dollar store).
If you recall our Mother’s Day post a few months back, we had posted about Heidi Swapp‘s altered magnetic board that she made as a gift for her mother.Â You can see our original post here, but we’ve reposted the project photo again above.Â Here is another one (at right) done by Lisa Cohen, who learned about it in Heidi’s Big Picture Scrapbooking “A Year to Remember Class.”
- Maribeth Harwell on Speedlink Saturday: Jun 16/12
- Ann-Marie McIntire on Giveaway Winner!
- Retta on Giveaway Winner!
- Last Chance for Giveaway! on Giveaway – Online Class on Learning to Paint Faces
- Ann-Marie McIntire on Giveaway – Online Class on Learning to Paint Faces
- Scrapbooking Rooms
- Scrapbooking Tutorials