ScrapScene’s First Ever Scrapbook Contest:
The Challenge: You’ve seen flowers on layouts and other scrapbooking projects, but have you tried to make your own? ScrapScene’s first ever contest, “Create a Flower,” is challenging you to hand make a flower and include it on a scrapbook project: it can be a layout, a mini book, or even an altered item. You can make your flower(s) out of paper, ribbon, fabric, or something else. You decide. It can be a project that you have already made, or brand new.
Inspiration: Need some inspiration? Check out our Flickr Gallery here to get you started. There are also lots of tutorials out there to help you out. Here are some links to a few to get you going:
How to Enter: Anyone residing in any country can enter up to 3 projects. There are two ways you can choose to enter:
1. Upload your creation to this public Flickr Group, “ScrapScene’s ‘Create a Flower’ Scrapbook Contest.” or 2. If you do not have a Flickr account, you can email a photo of your project to us at [email protected] and we will post it up in the group gallery for you.Â Update: Due to problems with Flickr Groups, we have created our own gallery which you can see here.
Deadline: Deadline for all entries is Sunday night, June 10th, 2007 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the deadline has been reached, we will select a winner based on creativity and overall appeal. On Tuesday, June 12th, a winner will be announced.
Scrapbook Bakery is a great source for all your scrapbooking supplies. They also have beautiful kits available. This month, the featured designer is Christy Tomlinson. You can see her designs on the home page here.
Scrap Magie is a kit club located in Quebec, Canada. Their site is available in 3 languages! Lisa Garay and Josee Rouleau are their most recent Guest Designers. Take a look at their great new feature “Step-by-Step” which showcases many great tutorials.
Up for grabs for the winner is a great selection of products which include the following (for more photos of the prize pack, please click here):
– an Autumn Leaves page kit “Mod Citrus” from Scrapbook Bakery which includes 5 sheets of 12×12 patterned paper, 1 die-cut paper, 30 epoxy accent stickers, 80 epoxy alpha stickers, and 66 rub-ons
– the kit “Brilliant” by Scrap Magie which includes 1 sheet 12×12 Hambly Screen Prints “Vintage Plaid” patterned paper, “Peggy” frame by Creative Imaginations Bare Elements, 10 sheets of Stix2 Shiny Transfer Foil Set, 2 Prima chipboard flowers, Tri Pak of Stix2 Seed Bee’d and Fine Glitter, clear PVA Glue by Stix2, and ribbon
– Martha Stewart Crafts products: 24 sheets 12×12 patterned paper pack “Cafe,” 6 embossed white border stickers, pack of 35 sticker labels
– Doodlebug – 2- 12×12 patterned papers “White Divine” and “Black Flourish”
– Imagination Project products: 1- 12×12 sheet of “Great Grid Paper White” and 5 coasters “Super Steno Book White” from the Project Essentials line
– We R Memory Keepers 3×3 mini album which includes 10 page protectors
– embellishments: 5 green leaves and 3 white flowers
– in addition, ScrapScene is offering to do a mini spotlight feature on the winner and emphasize some of their work
We hope you will have fun with this and will come and join us!